If egg is sticking to your cast iron skillet, add a little mercury.

I don't really care so much about the guy wanting to heat up mercury, or the exposure to mercury. We all played with it as kids, myself included. I was more concerned with the fact that the entire video seems to be demonstrating that hot things can cook an egg...something that is already well understood by, well, pretty much everyone. I'm surprised this guy doesn't have a show on the Science channel where he heats up other things to sufficient temperature to cook things.
That's why I thought it was dumb. I kept waiting for something neat to happen. You can cook an egg on anything hot enough. Duh.

I don't really care so much about the guy wanting to heat up mercury, or the exposure to mercury. We all played with it as kids, myself included. I was more concerned with the fact that the entire video seems to be demonstrating that hot things can cook an egg...something that is already well understood by, well, pretty much everyone. I'm surprised this guy doesn't have a show on the Science channel where he heats up other things to sufficient temperature to cook things.

"Hot Enough To Fry An Egg" every Thursday.

My mother worked in a hospital and every time a patient checked out without taking their thermometer with them, she brought it home to me. I ended up with a large vial of mercury that I would occasionally take out and play with.

Probably explains a lot...

When I was in 6th grade (1970), my teacher brought in a jar of mercury and put a little on everyone's desk and let us play with it.

hoganfacepalm.jpg

I had a vial of Hg, too. Used to coat dimes with it. Made 'em super shiny. Lead, too. Ingots of it. We melted the shit down in soup cans over a campfire.
I'd probably be a famous Einstein-level genius, but for that toxic exposure.
As it is, I am merely above average.

I can't even begin to articulate how absolutely insane I think that dude is.

Disclaimer or not, Mercury is nasty stuff. The amounts he uses in some of his videos is enough to wipe out a whole town if it got into the water supply.

Dude, you're not supposed to crack your eggs on the edge of the bowl or skillet, that's how you get salmonella.

That's one nasty looking cast iron skillet. With a little seasoning, he wouldn't even need the mercury.

Reactions: OGG
Back