If any of you snow-belters are getting rough hands...

Jbird

Kick Henry Jackassowski
My pharmacist recommended to me to use this stuff, and holy schnikes, it works great!

lg-86689-72086C_18113_int.jpg

I went from having knuckles that were so dry and bleeding it looked like I had been punching something, to almost normal looking hands two days later.

Who knew that something designed to work on a cows fun-bags would work so well on chapped hands?

It is greasy though, so I can't use it at work. I don't think people want greasy finger prints all over the plastic parts in their new cars :embarrassed:

I was just thinking about this very subject. My hands dry out fast, and a few days ago a couple of cracks developed right across the edge of my left thumb :(. Thanks for the tips.

There's also this:

71QykzuEDgL._SL1500_.jpg

I was just thinking about this very subject. My hands dry out fast, and a few days ago a couple of cracks developed right across the edge of my left thumb :(. Thanks for the tips.

There's also this:

71QykzuEDgL._SL1500_.jpg

Can I use that on my crack?

Nursing mothers have been using Bag Balm for years.

So moms & cows both use it on their fun-bags? :tongue:

All I know is I was using Cornhuskers (made in NJ, btw. Does NJ even have corn?) and Cornhuskers would help for all of 5 minutes, then my hands would go back to being nasty.

This stuff has pretty much healed my hands :embarrassed:

HaHa! I saw the thread title and thought immediately of bag balm. Pretty good stuff. Staying hydrated is even more important though. And I use Oil of Olay daily with sunscreen on my face and always rub the excess into my hands. That cut down on the bag balm use.

I will have to look for it next time I am out.

Just in the last week (probably since I was messing with the car in the garage), my hands are all torn up.

I have been using my wife's expensive hand creme, which does work, but it smells kind of perfume-y.

I sometimes get this stuff from the Tractor Store, and that works well, but I think I am out of it....

Those winter cracks suck! I'm lucky, I don't get 'em too bad. Just little ones on my thumbs, which I treat with super glue. (And a more normal hand cream).

They sure can hurt when you are trying to play guitar, too...

I use the Bert's Bees stuff, which helps. I was just finishing some children's toys with a beeswax/olive oil combo, and that left me with hands as soft and tender as prime rib--I may just start dipping my hands in that throughout the winter.

Udder nonsense!

Came to post that this was udderly ridiculous, but you got there first. Was slew...I blew.

I was J could email me some those. My hands are messed up from just s few days of it in northern Virginia...even though I'm in Austin as I type.

Reactions: Tig
I use the Target brand knockoff of Vaseline intensive care. About ten times a day. I learned to make a routine of it when I lived in DC where the winter air was so dry that the skin on my knuckles would literally crack open and bleed.

Back