ID this body, please

GilmourD

Eater of Worlds
Staff member
I've got a lead on this body and I'm curious what it is. I really like the shape.

Don't let the Ibanez trem fool you. The guy selling it put it on there.

s-l1600.jpg

If it is indeed a Pacifica you can use a Tele neck I think. Neck pocket should be same dimensions as a Fender iirc.
I'd check with the seller to be sure.
I did but he hasn't answered, yet. He did say that he didn't actually know what it is and that he had it together as a guitar but he's selling it off as parts because he's got too many guitars (a concept I don't quite understand).

I did but he hasn't answered, yet. He did say that he didn't actually know what it is and that he had it together as a guitar but he's selling it off as parts because he's got too many guitars (a concept I don't quite understand).

If he's not sure what he's selling I would skip buying from him, to be honest.

And yeah, no such thing as too many guitars. :wink:

Sometimes those are the best deals, though. :)

True. With this one you could end up with a body you might struggle getting a good use out of though.
Could potentially end up with some funky dimensions in that neck pocket that doesn't really fit anything (and a tight neck joint is absolutely crucial).
Have him measure it perhaps?

True. With this one you could end up with a body you might struggle getting a good use out of though.
Could potentially end up with some funky dimensions in that neck pocket that doesn't really fit anything (and a tight neck joint is absolutely crucial).
One could always order a roasted maple neck from Warmoth where the screw holes haven't been drilled out yet :embarrassed:

One could always order a roasted maple neck from Warmoth where the screw holes haven't been drilled out yet :embarrassed:

That could work. As long as the dimensions of the neck pocket is the same as one of their necks. Very important to get those measurements right though, if you want something playable. :embarrassed:

Yeah, this one I'm going to skip.

The real problem is that if I played a Strat/Tele neck in there in the proper place for intonation there would be a large gap between the end of the heel and the end of the pocket.

I'm gonna go back to my original plan of replicating this on the cheap:

IMG_6644.jpg~original

Back