I'd like to hear it picked with your fingers rather than with that harsh plastic thi

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
I'd like to hear it picked with your fingers rather than with that harsh plastic thing...

I'm sure a Phillistine for playing with a plectrum. :embarrassed:

Last edited by a moderator:
I use both fingers and a pick depending on what I am doing. Sometimes I use the back end of the pick (the rounded end) to soften the attack or my thumb.

Actually I'm quite happy with what I do...I play with the pick, fingerstyle and hybrid picking interchangeably. I just love folks who make comments like this on a Youtube video.

My repsonse:
this is more my style, though. I guess I'm just harsh and plastic at heart :)
Here is his response:

@premiermusic Okay...I was a bit out of line. Thanks for being civil about it. I just have a thing about a pick being used for anything other than strumming rhythm. Cheers and thanks for the cool vids... Now throw the pick away and get some tone happenin' ;-)

And my response:

@zomboxy Thats one of the nice things about music being an art, though...we can all have our distinctive voices. I play finger style, hybrid picking and with the pick...for this particular bit of music I felt it as best articulated with something of a hybrid pick and fingers approach..

I've been listening to a lot of Chet Atkins, trying to figure out why every 2nd or 3rd note sucked. Turns out the culprit was this.
PK51.jpg

There's always Freddy King with his banjo pick on the index finger in addition to the kludgy plastic thumb pick...

Terrible, I tell you :embarrassed:

He has the best "I'm poopin'!" pictures, though.

Freddie_King.jpg

FreddieKing.jpg

Freddie-King2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back