Hot or Not? Ibanez Artist

Deep Eddy

Argle Bargle or Foofaraw?
The Les Paul killer thread got me thinking about the old Ibanez Artist guitars from the late-70s. I don't see many folks on the forum mention these. I always liked them, but I would never seriously consider buying one.

Anyone own one?

http://www.chicagomusicexchange.com...2622-steve-miller-artist-dark-burst-1978-s920

Ibanez Artist.jpeg

hot. i had a black base model ibanez artist from the early 80s i think. it was great. i gigged it a bit and it sounded good live. it was a little neck-heavy. i ended up selling it to a local kid on craigslist back around 2005 or so. nice guitar. there are a lot better instruments, IMO, but it was no slouch.

I bought this one in 83 and it's been with me for half of my life. I'll just leave it at that because if you get me going I'll start gushing over her and make a fool of myself.

83 Artist AM205

Last edited:
One of the guys I know at work, who played in the company Christmas party band with me, has a 70s Artist, that he's owned since it was new. It's a great guitar - well made, with killer sound.

i've played several of those....and at the time they were being made....they made Gibson Les Pauls look, feel, and sound like shit.

they were VERY well made and finished and had tone coming out of everywhere.

would own one.....but only the originals from the late 70's, early 80's....not the crappy re-makes they're doing now.

Back