Ibanez ADL Delay

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
ADL_Analog_Delay-0.jpg

i received this pedal from reitze this morning. much faster than i thought it would arrive. thanks Elliot!

the Ibanez ADL is your standard vintage analog delay pedal. the controls are yer basic Time, Repeats, and Level. doesn't run so good on batteries, but loves a power supply. it probably tops out around 300ms. no modulation, but oh well.

the great thing about these old analog delays is that they self oscillate. turn the repeats all the way up and keep the time down. then start working the knobs incrementally and you can tune the pitch.

i'm not yet sure how the bypass is, or how it will interact with other pedals in a daisy chain. that alone will determine whether i keep it, or if it joins the other pedals i have for sale in the Spam forum. i already have a wonderful analog delay in my Jacques Prisoner, but the price was right and i couldn't not try a cool pedal. if you're looking for a Memory Man without modulation, or the enormous size, this is your pedal.

Self-oscillating is AWESOME! :thu:

it's so much easier to do on this pedal than on my Jacques Prisoner. i didn't realize just how much more time the Prisoner gives me. the Ibanez has a bit more room to play with on the time knob because it's a shorter delay.

My purple Boss analog delay was like that. I used it more like a Theramin than an actual delay.

What do you mean by self oscillating?

You mean if you have the repeats turned way up, and the time real fast, then as you turn the time slower, the pitch changes too? If so, my Hardwire delay does that on the analog setting.

What do you mean by self oscillating?

You mean if you have the repeats turned way up, and the time real fast, then as you turn the time slower, the pitch changes too? If so, my Hardwire delay does that on the analog setting.

instead of the notes decaying off, they end up repeating onto themselves and you get a messy wall of feedback. then you can start changing pitches, running it into another delay and whatever other weird effects you have.

glad you're enjoying it Howie. I bought it new in 1985 and it been boxed around nearly ever since. Lately I'm liking that the delay on the amps in my guitars have tap buttons so I can set the delay time... but still don't bother with effects all that much yet - still just getting into effects based playing and certainly am not motivated to go to a wire (tx someday maybe).

I completely forgot I owned this for a brief moment in time, 7 years ago. I found this thread because someone on TGP is selling a rehoused Jacques Prisoner that was modded to self oscillate.

It's interesting how meh I was on the ADL but how bonkers I am over the DE7.

Here's a pic from the internet:

[imghttp://media.guitarcenter.com/is/image/MMGS7/ADL-DELAY-Effect-Pedal/000000113082145-00-500x500.jpg[/img]

Back