I welcome your thoughts on the wisdom of this potential purchase.

if you have the will, place and ability to work on it, have an inside place to keep it and have another vehicle to drive when you have to work on it or when the weather is not suited to drive it, then i'd go for it. i would LOVE to have another one. mine was a '72 240Z. they make a great daily driver and get reasonable gas mileage, when yer foot isn't in it (like THAT ever happened). :grin:

btw, check this out.

http://markweinguitarlessons.com/forums/threads/omg-im-in-love.78370/

If you get close to jumping on it, make sure you take it for a test drive. Pretty sure you would :grin:

Like you said, those cars got beat on, and it's ride, handling and braking may need attention, not to mention today's cars just ride and handle so much better, and we get used to that. Jumping back in a 70s car might be a bit of a shock at first.

Reactions: OGG
If you get close to jumping on it, make sure you take it for a test drive. Pretty sure you would :grin:

Like you said, those cars got beat on, and it's ride, handling and braking may need attention, not to mention today's cars just ride and handle so much better, and we get used to that. Jumping back in a 70s car might be a bit of a shock at first.

some of the 70's handling issues can be dealt with by upgrading struts and today's tires are light years ahead in sticking than back then.

Reactions: OGG
the 240Z was sold in japan as the Fairlady Z. there was a rare option for the car called the '432'
1100025-1536-1.jpg

1100090-1536.jpg

the numbers mean 4 valves per cylinder, 3 carburetors, 2 overhead cams.
1100104-1536.jpg

this particularly spectacular one sold at auction in 2015 for $235,000!!!

Back