I weep for our civilization.

The AV Club nailed it:

Inspired by Girl Meets World and the persistent, collective longing to regress into an idyllic childhood that never actually existed, ’90s sitcom Full House could be set for a revival. TV Guide reports that Warner Bros. is “mulling a new take” on the series about a widowed father of three girls who lives in a near-future dystopia where milkmen and paperboys have all been eradicated, creating an unstable environment where he must shack up with his best friend and brother-in-law to keep the wolves at bay with their funny voices and terrible rock ’n’ roll.

It's interesting, and I do find it a little frustrating sometimes... But it's not as if there ever was a Golden Age that wasn't also gilded with shit.

I must confess that I am not a sit-com fan. Even the good ones stay past their "use by" date and start to smell. All In the Family is a good example; it had lost any reason to exist way before it morphed into Archie's Place. Sadly, sit-coms seem to aim for the lowest common denominator, but wind up undershooting it.

I weep for our civilization, as well, but for different reasons. This topic makes me feel nothing.

My sister (turning 25 today) is ecstatic. She loves Full House, even when we were kids. I hated it back then, but daaaaaaaamn Lori Laughlin was smokin'!

Lori Laughlin is still smokin'!
FIXT!

Lori%20Laughlin-AES-111249.jpg

I am trying to figure out how it came up on my Facebook feed. It came direct from some dumb website I'd never use. Yet, I miss feeds from folks I care about.
Yeah. Pisses me off, too. I'm trying to promote my photo business, but Facebook wants some serious $$$ for anyone to see my stuff.

i was the perfect age to watch that show and did. i've settled quite nicely into a mode of "baseball or no tv". i think i'll stay with it.

Back