I was reflecting last night on the wonders of really fresh seafood...

tiger roach

Urban Bovine Knievel
Got some "locally sourced" flounder last night, and man was it delicious. Pretty soon the fresh shrimp should start coming in...

Anyway, the real reason I started this thread -

@Tig
@Tralfaz

One of you guys posted about a street in the area that has tons of great places to buy seafood right off the boat... was it Seabrook Waterfront Dr., or something different? I was thinking this coming weekend would be a good chance for me to cruise down there.

I hope I did that hashtag thing right...

Yep, Seabrook has a bunch of boat delivered local catch fish and shrimp. Going South on 146, you can exit right, just before the bridge and go under the bridge on 10th Street towards the bay. Right on Toddville and it turns left immediately onto 11th Street.

I've had good luck and prices at Baybrook's and avoid Golden's. People also like Rose's. Most have a good selection of flounder, but don't be afraid to try something new. Don't forget to bring a big Igloo.
https://www.google.com/#q=seabrook+tx+seafood+markets&safe=off

When I used to fish, I'd catch plenty of flounder since I like to bounce jigs off the bottom slower than most anglers. I loves me some flounder.

The street is 11th Ave. in Seabrook , though I suppose it might have different names. It's basically across the water from the Kemah Boardwalk.

My favorite shop on that road is Rose's Seafood. Bring an ice chest.

Thanks guys! :)

I'll definitely be looking for more than just flounder - I plan to roam around and see what looks good.

Now I don't know if I can wait until Friday... my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Reactions: Tig
Thanks guys! :)

I'll definitely be looking for more than just flounder - I plan to roam around and see what looks good.

Now I don't know if I can wait until Friday... my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Just a reminder: Do not play with crabs.

861e0f47-445b-42b5-b3f8-5f2d1080fec0_zps2e074222.jpg

Reactions: Tig
There's a place called Cook's Seafood in Menlo Park that is about the only place other than the Sandbar and Grill in Monterey where one can get fresh sand dabs, which are too small for most places to bother with, but to me are about the most delicious fish.

Back