I want this amp!!!

Denverdave

Resident Ragamuffin
On eBay....

1965 Fender Princeton. In pretty good shape.

$850.00 with free shipping. I'm worried that it is too low a price to be legit....but it looks like the real thing from a seller with a good track record.

There are also a couple of SF Princetons for sale at a very good price......

Hmmmm......

Last edited:
I found a '73 Twin Reverb for $1000 locally and a '68 for $1500. I have no idea if those are good prices though... I just know the guy who repairs them and services them does fantastic work. He has an Ampeg VT-22 for $400 that is kinda tempting. I checked those out when I was picking up the lapsteel/dropping off my Skylark combo and they sounded great.

WAIT DAVE!!!!! I have a '70s Fender Princeton that I'll be glad to sell you for $600 plus shipping!!! Could use a little polish but looks great!

front.jpg

Last edited:
One of my buddies was looking for a clean BF Princeton a couple months ago and there were some decent ones in the $850 range (IIRC including one over on TGP that was pretty stock outside of a weber speaker swap and recap/service)

WAIT DAVE!!!!! I have a '70s Fender Princeton that I'll be glad to sell you for $600 plus shipping!!! Could use a little polish but looks great!

front.jpg

I want this if Dave doesn't. I need some time to sell my Vibro Champs though. I can take pics and list them on CL tomorrow.

On eBay....

1965 Fender Princeton. In pretty good shape.

$850.00 with free shipping. I'm worried that it is too low a price to be legit....but it looks like the real thing from a seller with a good track record.

There are also a couple of SF Princetons for sale at a very good price......

Hmmmm......

Is it a Princeton or a Princeton Reverb? Two totally different amps, in my experience the non Reverb models are a little weak sounding. If it is a Reverb I'd get that in a minute, they usually go for around $1,300 and up. If it's not then I'd be all over Gibbys SF because Princetons were one of the few Fenders that didn't change circuit wise so SF are the same thing as Blackface as far as the tone goes.

Back