I want it, but I don't know why.

dodgechargerfan

CanadianGary
Administrator
This is for sale relatively local to me.

"Acoustic Amplifier, Model 125 100 watt RMS, 2 input jacks, 5 band EQ, foot switch 2-12" speakers"

Asking $125 for it.
Seems like that is very cheap for these amps, and it's got the footswitch. Apparently, that's a plus.

image.jpeg

I'm not sure of this one, but these were around during the 70s.

It's solid state, I think. I'm thinking along the lines of a nice jazz amp. 100W solid state should be lots of clean. Yes?

I'm not sure of this one, but these were around during the 70s.

It's solid state, I think. I'm thinking along the lines of a nice jazz amp. 100W solid state should be lots of clean. Yes?

1oo watt ss amp made today, may be loud enough. At some point, 80s? they changed how they rate wattage.

100 watt ss amp from the 70s should kill small animals.

i can't speak to that particular amp......but i know that an Acoustic 360 Bass amp is one of the best sounding bass amps i have ever heard.
just sayin'

Last edited:
How old is it? It sure looks like an old design.

Late '70's. The was the last generation of a relatively popular SS amp line. Big competitors to Gibson/Norlin's "Lab" brand. They had their high-profile fans ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acoustic_Control_Corporation

It's a hassle to work on those old SS amps, so try it before you buy it, but it's a great price if all working. IIRC, the footswitches are super rare, not sure if any of the signle builder guys who offer various footswitch clones (Switchdocter, etc.) have made one or not.

Back