bz1zh11uftmqcdpsvfgf.jpg

azdpxlr36t5xxr4gdu6u.jpg

The Hamer Eclipse
alb4e0rdkn091rtxlrri.jpg

jtepdt1wr6tkcqu3eiwu.jpg

The Reverend Bob Balch
dzmz7ikucfgoloi2gwch.png

mltcmflewbzccebukai4.jpg

Each has their cons. The PRS has the favored 4 knob setup, but I dislike the forward configuration. The Hamer's semi-adjustable bridge might need to be replaced for better intonation for alternate tunings (of which this guitar will specialize in). The Reverend has locking tuners, which I dislike. It also doesn't come in red.

So I dunno yet.

Reverend.
PRS.
Hamer.

That PRS is the only model I’ve ever really liked in terms of looks.
That Hamer is a nice chunk of wood, but overall I’m not really digging that guitar.

Do you have much experience with mini hums? I've tried to like them several times, and ultimately decided that they're not for me. Just curious, since the Hamer is in contention.

Sure you do.
Ok fine...

I've never played a Hamer I like...theyre nice to look at, but that's all for me...add in the bridge and minihuns and it's a firm no...

The PRS is amazing to look at, but would benefit from the TOM set up on the Rev...plus I agree on the control layout being a little wonky...

The Rev probably fits your needs best...color is secondary to the rest, and tuners are easy to change if you hate locking units that much...

Of the 3, I'd probably go Rev, but I'd much rather build you one exactly as you want it...

Ok fine...

I've never played a Hamer I like...theyre nice to look at, but that's all for me...add in the bridge and minihuns and it's a firm no...

The PRS is amazing to look at, but would benefit from the TOM set up on the Rev...plus I agree on the control layout being a little wonky...

The Rev probably fits your needs best...color is secondary to the rest, and tuners are easy to change if you hate locking units that much...

Of the 3, I'd probably go Rev, but I'd much rather build you one exactly as you want it...

On the PRS, I disagree that a TOM is superior to the wraptail. It's fully adjustable and that's what matters.

Building one is going to be just as expensive as buying one of these. Which is why I never build one.

Building one is going to be just as expensive as buying one of these. Which is why I never build one.
And that's exactly why I do...why would I pay for an instrument that doesn't quite fit my requirements when I can build one that doesn't compromise?

Both my Warmoth's have come in under the new price for the PRS and the Reverend.

And that's exactly why I do...why would I pay for an instrument that doesn't quite fit my requirements when I can build one that doesn't compromise?

I don't mind minor modifications if it's the right instrument.

The PRS needs no modification, it just needs my brain to adjust to the idea that the first knob isn't a master volume knob. For whatever reason, the reverse configuration eliminates that brainfart.

The Hamer might need a new bridge, but that's easily sourced.

The Reverend will get new tuners just as soon as one of those pins sticks and I start cursing at it.

Any guitar, even one I spec from the ground up, is a pickup swap candidate after a year.

I dig the red on the PRS. The Reverend looks nice but I’ve never touched one. The misshapen abortion from Hamer looks like a blob of plastic that got left out in the sun and melted.

Pin
I don't mind minor modifications if it's the right instrument.

The PRS needs no modification, it just needs my brain to adjust to the idea that the first knob isn't a master volume knob. For whatever reason, the reverse configuration eliminates that brainfart.

The Hamer might need a new bridge, but that's easily sourced.

The Reverend will get new tuners just as soon as one of those pins sticks and I start cursing at it.

Any guitar, even one I spec from the ground up, is a pickup swap candidate after a year.
pin sticks? Never happened to me.

Back