I think I'm going to turn my Silvertone 1484 into a combo amp.

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
Its got no vintage value left anyway and the cabinet sounds like shit. I'mma gonna think on this a bit.

IMG_3722.JPG

Because I hate carrying heads and cabs around to gigs and the head looks like crap anyway.

I originally saw the pic on my phone so I didn't see how banged up the head was. I recommend this guy http://www.mathercab.com/
I have no affiliation, but he built a head cab for my MusicMaster Amp and it was perfect and not very expensive.

Wow...no faceplate? No original knobs? No Tolex on the cab replacement tolex on the head? Replacement handle?

Where the hell did you dig that up?

Wow...no faceplate? No original knobs? No Tolex on the cab replacement tolex on the head? Replacement handle?

Where the hell did you dig that up?
It was painted just like the cab when I bought it 10 years ago. The head cab fell apart soon after I bought it so my father in law made me a new box for it but the Rolex job wasn't very good.

Also, I had a dead stock one that was cosmetically perfect but i sold it to @El Borrachito several years ago. I liked how this one sounded better and we used it for quite a bit of my album... Almost as much as the Suhr Bager.

They are great sounding amps.

I suppose selling the nicer looking one is better business...though I would have been tempted to just swap the better sounding chassis and speakers into the clean cab.

Back