I think I found another must have space saver for your board....

baimun

Funkasaurus Rex
... it's a little spendy, but damn. :eek:

If you are like me and you have the handful of pedals that you use all the time but you'd like to make room for that special effect but don't really want to eat up a bunch of space on your board for an effect that only gets used for one song.... the Eventide H9 Max looks like the answer.

Plus, you can control it via blu tooth to switch between the hundreds of patches and settings... AND you can take a patch and set completely different settings on full up vs full down on an expression pedal. You don't just assign one feature like the speed, or wah rate, or time, or pitch to the expression... you literally set all the knobs for min, move the pedal to max and make your changes. I saw one video where (I think it was Pete Thorn) where he would set the full up and full down as two different harmonizer keys so he could change it for a bridge and back again for the rest of the song. Such an amazingly powerful effect collection. I could see setting up your set list so that you just change one effect per song.

... it's a little spendy, but damn. :eek:

If you are like me and you have the handful of pedals that you use all the time but you'd like to make room for that special effect but don't really want to eat up a bunch of space on your board for an effect that only gets used for one song.... the Eventide H9 Max looks like the answer.

Plus, you can control it via blu tooth to switch between the hundreds of patches and settings... AND you can take a patch and set completely different settings on full up vs full down on an expression pedal. You don't just assign one feature like the speed, or wah rate, or time, or pitch to the expression... you literally set all the knobs for min, move the pedal to max and make your changes. I saw one video where (I think it was Pete Thorn) where he would set the full up and full down as two different harmonizer keys so he could change it for a bridge and back again for the rest of the song. Such an amazingly powerful effect collection. I could see setting up your set list so that you just change one effect per song.

Just about every "pro" band I have seen live recently, the guitar player has had this on their board.

Those are great if you have some sort of Midi switcher. Guys will have one or two of those with a ton of sounds in it. I was looking at that but decided not to bother until I got something like a Gigrig G2

I'ts been out for a few years now. You just found it? :lol:

I had seen it before, but it didn't really come into focus as something I really wanted until I was pricing out the Modfactor and the Strymon pedals but couldn't really figure out where to put all those big boxes.

duct tape them to your head. :embarrassed:

g6yzp6m.gif

These have been well-reviewed, and the clips I've heard sound awesome, but I'm leery about dropping that much cash on a tech-based pedal.

Back