i solved the power problem, Jerry

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
recently i've been talking about buying a Zoom G3 for practices because i don't want to bring my expensive/sentimental pedals with me. i've also been talking about getting the new iPhone when it comes out next month. but since Apple is re-designing the power connector, any of the products made to work with the old phones won't work with the new one. which leaves me without the ability to control the thing from the ground.

i have a solution. in the interim, i'm going to get the Peavey AmpLink kit. all i should need to get the signal out to an amp instead of headphones is to use a 1/4" to 1/8" adaptor with the headphone output. then i can use my regular old guitar cable and bring the signal back into mono. i should just need to pan everything hard in one direction. this will get us through our writing phase over the next few months. then, when i actually need effects, all the new controllers will have been announced at Winter NAMM.

i know, it's an optimistic timeline. but at the very least, it gets me somewhere in the beginning.

i should also be able to download the iRig app and use it for free with the Peavey kit, right?

I suppose that will work. Sounds a bit archaic and convoluted, but it should work.

Although, based on your stated needs, wouldn't a simple, used POD pretty much be just the ticket?

Cheap, small and versatile...

I suppose that will work. Sounds a bit archaic and convoluted, but it should work.

Although, based on your stated needs, wouldn't a simple, used POD pretty much be just the ticket?

Cheap, small and versatile...

The idea is less/cheaper gear. I'm getting the phone anyway. The $20 amplink adaptor seems like the least expensive solution.

Back