i should send this back on principle

Nice looking pizzas!

I can never ever get a freaking round pizza. Of course, I don't have tossing skills, but yours look closer to circles than mine ever do.

Yeah, but we have three kids on very tight schedules with sports and such. Sometimes the extra 10-20 minutes considering clean up of flour, etc., is just not in the cards.

I hear ya! That's why I use my breadmaker to make the dough for me. You can make it ahead of time, let it rest in the fridge until you need it. And you're right, there's no way I've found to use whole wheat without it tasting like it.

Pizza is whatever you want it to be. People who get all butthurt because someone has the temerity to vary from their slavish adherence to a particular magic formula of crust, sauce, cheese and toppings are just food nazis. I make pizza on naan bread, on pita, and on homemade dough crust. I use olive oil, tomato sauce, tomatoes, pesto and tzatziki as sauce. I use feta, mozzarella, various mexican cheeses or cheddar or blue, and put on whatever I fancy. As long as I don't force you to eat it, you have no right to tell me I'm wrong.... :mad:

Pizza is whatever you want it to be. People who get all butthurt because someone has the temerity to vary from their slavish adherence to a particular magic formula of crust, sauce, cheese and toppings are just food nazis. I make pizza on naan bread, on pita, and on homemade dough crust. I use olive oil, tomato sauce, tomatoes, pesto and tzatziki as sauce. I use feta, mozzarella, various mexican cheeses or cheddar or blue, and put on whatever I fancy. As long as I don't force you to eat it, you have no right to tell me I'm wrong.... :mad:

While I find the use of some of the particular ingredients you mentioned downright nasty, I agree 100% with what you are saying. A pizza crust is like a blank canvas...

Life is too short to be a Pazzi (Pizza Nazi).

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Hawaiian pizza is awesome.

:haters:

I'm with this guy ^

Hawaiian pizza is the bomb. And even better if you subsitute bacon for the ham.

As for the rest of the discussion, it doesn't really matter if we're talking about pizza or whatever else, some people just really seem to get their rocks off by eating stuff. Other's don't.
And the world goes round. :shrug:

Last edited:
For the New York guys, do you know of Grimaldi's? They have one down here and the waitress told us the ship the water down here and whatever you order should taste exactly the same as if you ordered it in Brooklyn. I always hear NY'ers talk about how great the pizza is up there so wondering how Grimaldi's stacks up.

For the record, I thought it was really freaking good. Good crispy crust but the what made it for me was the sauce. Great job on the sauce. Definitely among the best pizza around here but I wouldnt say it is necessarily better than the pizza joint down the street from my house. Probably on equal ground.

For the New York guys, do you know of Grimaldi's? They have one down here and the waitress told us the ship the water down here and whatever you order should taste exactly the same as if you ordered it in Brooklyn. I always hear NY'ers talk about how great the pizza is up there so wondering how Grimaldi's stacks up.

For the record, I thought it was really freaking good. Good crispy crust but the what made it for me was the sauce. Great job on the sauce. Definitely among the best pizza around here but I wouldnt say it is necessarily better than the pizza joint down the street from my house. Probably on equal ground.

i never go to Grimaldi's because the line is always down the block.

Back