"I put my love of convenience above my love of Adele."

The Amazon/Google model of having supplementary paid-for stuff in the cloud is surely the way forward though - I occasionally think I should buy more CDs but if I did I would have more CDs and I don't really know what to do with the things anymore.

nazTY.jpg

While the tone of the article is stupid. I do see his point too. I like the convenience of streaming music on Spotify. My phone is Android, and I do have an iPod, but it's nice just listening to music on my phone without having to carry around my iPod too (and I recently acquired a pair of Bluetooth headphones too).

'Hello' is a fantastic song. The phrasing and melody are right up there. I guess anyone thinking Adele would be a flash in the pan have to wait for the next record. When I heard 'Hello' I didn't even know it was her - I thought it was some R&B or soul singer...I used Soundhound on my phone to find out who it was.

Great song. Ari Herstand? This is probably the biggest thing that he/she will ever achieve.

While the tone of the article is stupid. I do see his point too. I like the convenience of streaming music on Spotify. My phone is Android, and I do have an iPod, but it's nice just listening to music on my phone without having to carry around my iPod too (and I recently acquired a pair of Bluetooth headphones too).
I carry everything around in my iPhone too, including books that i read. I don't consider Adele "greedy" because she has decided to not participate in a business model that has an incredibly poor rate of return for the artist. Her choice and it's not like she is making an 800% boost on the cost of a widely used cancer medicine or anything like that.

I carry everything around in my iPhone too, including books that i read. I don't consider Adele "greedy" because she has decided to not participate in a business model that has an incredibly poor rate of return for the artist. Her choice and it's not like she is making an 800% boost on the cost of a widely used cancer medicine or anything like that.
I just wish Apple would get off their high horse and make an iTunes app for Android.

I've got all my stuff on spotify because I'm more in touch with today's consumer... not really... I'm just way more desperate for any listens I can get.

Totally_jammin_out

But then it would be easier for you to stop buying their hardware. Where is the profit in that?
I'm looking into some 3rd party apps to port my iTunes library onto my Android phone. I have a few songs that I downloaded before the non-DRM iTunes plus stuff came out, so I don't know how that will work. Most of my stuff is imported from CD's so I know that won't be a problem.

You mean to tell me an online music journo is a cunt!!!! I don't know what to believe anymore.

Forget all that crap. This guy nails a few of these pretty well.
Adele’s ‘Hello’ in Styles of Deftones, Alice in Chains, GN’R + More

Ima pass on reading the article, but I have no problem with the particular douche preferring to only listen to the vast majority of the music available in the world on Spotify (or any other streaming service) rather than buying the music out right. It's just a new medium that's like radio. I put my love of music I actually like above hearing Adele because I don't listen to top 40/pop radio stations (if I listen at all).

I've not heard Hello and am currently uncompelled to do so. I was listening to Joss Stone's latest this morning and it's quite good. I sampled a few tunes on Spotify before buying it via my monthly emusic subscription. Before that I was listening to INXS's Listen Like Thieves album (a great classic pop/rock record) which I've always liked, but have accessed via Prime Music from Amazon.

All of this means exactly two things: jack and shit.

The new RIAA model is to avoid one hits wonders and milk success for all it is worth. Adele would only fade way if she chose to walk away, same with Taylor Swift. Talent be damned! That said, Adele is like a modern Christina Aguilera to me, in that she's undoubtedly a great singer, but the music I've heard doesn't do anything for me. Rolling in the Deep is very derivative of Gnarls' Crazy and I rather listen to them. Just saying.

I wouldn't let how the music can accessed stop me from listening to or buying anything I was interested in. I would prefer to support the artists as much as possible, but that's not always something I can control.

Most importantly, we must all remember that I chocolate milk. I like cereal. Eduardo likes potatoes.

Back