"I put my love of convenience above my love of Adele."

Ugh, that's even worse than all the entitled assholes whining about losing their Rd.io playlists.

I long for the days when people could make choices as a consumer without letting everyone know why. The irony is, the reason is always the same. Why don't you eat meat? Because I'm a twat. Why don't you have a TV? Because I'm a twat. Why don't you shop at Target? Because I'm a twat. Why don't you drive foreign cars? Because I'm a twat. Why aren't you buying Adele's album? Because I'm a twat. There may be good reasons to do all of those things, but once you announce it, unasked, all universes of possibility collapse into a single reality: you're a twat.

What a wally! Number one practically everywhere on the planet. I am sure she will look at the sales and think " bugger, theres one missing".

He wrote that he doesn't "have anymore space" instead of " any more space" therefore negating any respect in his "journalism"( picture Dr Evil doing the quotes fingers thing) .

And how can you as an artist yourself write an article justifying Spotify?

And he name dropped twice in the first paragraph.

Cunt.

assimilate_into_the_herd_by_james_mizuhara-d3ggkvq.png

There's some real whining going on in that article. My own take on all this is that if it's a new artist (new to me) and I like what I hear via Spotify or YT or whatever, I'll buy the CD if there is one available. If it's Zeppelin or Sabbath or anybody at that level, and it's the 50th re-release, re-master with extra tracks that weren't good enough originally, I already paid for the other 49 versions (including vinyl and cassette) because I'm a fan, but I don't believe they need any more of my money. I'd rather spend the money on, for example, Ghost who are beginning to break through and spend more money on their live shows, production etc..

That's not "right" or "wrong" - just my way of buying/not buying music.

Back