I played an amazingly awesome amp today

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
Mine.

BlackfaceEncore.jpg

It's been way too long since I got this thing up to gigging volume. The last time I played out with it was '06, when I got it. I've played some random stages since but it's either been acoustic or with my Subway Rocket.

We booked a rehearsal studio today to bring all of our own stuff in. Everything was tweaked within reason during the first run through and then pounded out during the second. We'll have another rehearsal mid week in our regular studio, but I'm confident now that we all know what we're doing with our own stuff. I used a Mesa 4x12 as an amp stand and we were off to the races. It was great. I'm using a lot less gain on my pedals and was able to set up the reverb and tremolo on the amp instead of using/compensating with pedals.

It's wonderfully loud on 2 with the RAW down to 1, and the master at 8. I can probably bump it up to 3 on the gain if I use my Ric. The only thing I really have to watch is the treble. That shit will take your head off.

:cool:

Nice, a 2x10 vibrolux...perhaps I'll have a chance to hear it...

It's basically a tweaked Vibrolux. No normal channel (really, why be normal?), master volume, raw control, reverb with tone control, tube tremolo, and a 40 watt transformer.

We go on at 8pm. Saturday, March 8. Gussy's in Astoria.

It's basically a tweaked Vibrolux. No normal channel (really, why be normal?), master volume, raw control, reverb with tone control, tube tremolo, and a 40 watt transformer.

We go on at 8pm. Saturday, March 8. Gussy's in Astoria.
I was just looking at their website...I was immediately drawn to the Sweet Spot...

...I'm not going to promise to be there next weekend, but I am going to promise to try like hell to get there...

I was just looking at their website...I was immediately drawn to the Sweet Spot...

I initially called David Allen about the Sweet Spot and he talked me out of it. Given my needs he said it wouldn't stay clean at the volume I wanted it to, and that I should go for the bigger amp. He also talked me out of a 1x12 because a 2x10 isn't as beamy. It's heavier than I'd like it to be, and I'm sure as shit not bringing it into the subway. But that's also why it only comes out for the rare gig. I'd love our own rehearsal space, but it's just not possible. Still, he was absolutely right. It's perfect for me.

Back