I played a Strymon Lex today

Yeah. If you don't want to spend a bunch of money just don't try anything from Strymon.

But who spends more on gear in the long run—the musician who buys a $300 Strymon pedal, or the musician who buys and sells a dozen pedals over and over trying to find one that sounds great?

But who spends more on gear in the long run—the musician who buys a $300 Strymon pedal, or the musician who buys and sells a dozen pedals over and over trying to find one that sounds great?
That's the thing. I own three Strymon pedals the I have no desire to stray from or try other things. And the Möbius tools the place of 4 other pedals as well as added sounds so in the long run they are saving me money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

None of that really matters right now. I'm not spending any money on guitar equipment anyway.

TZF is on the board and rearrangement for our first rehearsal in 5 months has commenced. The evicted pedals are the Subdecay Quasar DLX and TC Polytune. So we'll see how long this lasts.

I want to try but avoiding at all costs. The only Strymon I tried was Jaxn's at Pragestock a few years ago - it was very, very tempting. So tempting that the fearless leader bought one and thank goodness, I didn't.

Well that didn't last very long at all. Once I turned off the Echorec, everything I liked about the faux-leslie sound in the TZF went away. So I put the board back together and we're back at square one. Which is just fine with me, because this board is awesome.

tumblr_nrorv4ofLF1r1df3ao1_1280.jpg

Back