I need to lurn to rite gooder.

dodgechargerfan

CanadianGary
Administrator
I entered the Lay's chips flavour contest with an entry of "Butter Chicken", and "Butter Chicken" has been selected as one of the four finalists...

But not my entry.

Entries were judged on different criteria included the story behind the inspiration.

Still. It's a thing. My wife just brought home all four flavours.
I gave her the evil eye because I need to stop eating stuff like this, but who am I kidding? I have to at least try them.

image.jpg

Are they having Pepperoni Dog Fart flavor again this year? drool0

Last edited:
We have a different selection in our area. The reuben sandwich flavor was ridiculously spot on, flavor wise. You can taste the corned beef, Russian dressing, rye bread, and sauerkraut. Unfortunately that doesn't necessarily make it a good chip flavor.

The west coast truffle fries flavor was pretty unremarkable. Like a milder sour cream and onion.

Last year's winner, wasabi ginger, is still great.

We have Poutine and Poutang flavored chips here.

Nothing like a hot plate of Poutang after being stuffed in a snowsuit all day long. Very distinct flavoring......

They just came out with biscuits and gravy in the US. I really wanted to try the wasabi ginger ones but I looked at the ingredients list and passed. I hardly ever get potato chips anyway.

They just came out with biscuits and gravy in the US. I really wanted to try the wasabi ginger ones but I looked at the ingredients list and passed. I hardly ever get potato chips anyway.
For real. I liked the wasabi ginger chips, but as soon as I saw they were cutting their wasabi with horseradish, I said NEVAR AGAIN.

We have a different selection in our area. The reuben sandwich flavor was ridiculously spot on, flavor wise. You can taste the corned beef, Russian dressing, rye bread, and sauerkraut. Unfortunately that doesn't necessarily make it a good chip flavor.

The west coast truffle fries flavor was pretty unremarkable. Like a milder sour cream and onion.

Last year's winner, wasabi ginger, is still great.
The Canadian in my house has to have the US and the Canadian flavors each year. She will go store to store when they are released to get them. I can't speak to all of Canada but when you go into a store in the maritimes, the chip Isle is serious business.

I liked the Ruben the best so far but they weren't something I'd want more than a couple of at a sitting. The Canadian chips should be in the house this week.

The Butter Chicken is tasty, but I'm not sure it tastes much like Butter Chicken.

More like a BBQ flavour with slightly different spice mix.

My wife brought home "Greektown Gyros" flavored Lays. At first, they were gross, but tasted better after the first bite.

My bag of chips would have a dozen different flavors.... and every third or fourth random one would be so hot it would melt your face. :grin:

Back