I need help with a blues technique

Muppet

Cat in the Hat
I know this isn't the right forum, but I don't know if I'm allowed to post in lessons. Plus I want more of you to see this. There's this lick that has always escaped me, and I need to learn it. It's a bend and pull-off thing. This guy doesn't do this solo right, but he does nail this technique at 0:18. Help!

Just a fast version of a Chuck Berry lick with and added note and pull off on the B string. Bend your G string on the 7th fret to pitch of your B string on the 5th fret, hit the B string on the 5th fret twice, hit the B string on the 8th fret (pinky) and pull off to B string 5th fret. So, D bent up to an E, EE, GE. At least that's how I think it is. It's pretty fast. Maybe somebody can refine it a bit more for you.

If I get a moment later this afternoon, I'll try to do a vid of that lick slowed way down. It's not hard; you just need to start slow and bring it up to speed.

Just a fast version of a Chuck Berry lick with and added note and pull off on the B string. Bend your G string on the 7th fret to pitch of your B string on the 5th fret, hit the B string on the 5th fret twice, hit the B string on the 8th fret (pinky) and pull off to B string 5th fret. So, D bent up to an E, EE, GE. At least that's how I think it is. It's pretty fast. Maybe somebody can refine it a bit more for you.
That's pretty close. I don't think you hit the B string 5th fret twice until after the pull off, though.

Hey, our power went out and just came back on. I'll try to record it in a bit.

Back