Help! I need help deciding on an amp

I had the same type of thread here about a month or so ago, ended up w/ a Peavey Classic 30 and couldn't be happier. Granted you're going to get some great suggestions here but going out and trying as many as you can will help the most.
The Peavey Classic 30 is a GREAT amp. Definitely worth trying if considering an amp of that size.

Oh yeah, I don't know what the used price is on Carr amps, but the Rambler model is about the sweetest clean sounding amp I've ever heard. You would need pedals to get the various tones you're talking about - and I don't know how good of a pedal platform they are. The do sound soooo good clean though, worth hearing just for the experience.

Reactions: Tig
Oh yeah, I don't know what the used price is on Carr amps, but the Rambler model is about the sweetest clean sounding amp I've ever heard. You would need pedals to get the various tones you're talking about - and I don't know how good of a pedal platform they are. The do sound soooo good clean though, worth hearing just for the experience.
This is what I use, and it's like angels are singing (singing badly, because it's me, but they're there). I bought mine used for 1850+shipping and thought that was a pretty good deal.

This is what I use, and it's like angels are singing (singing badly, because it's me, but they're there). I bought mine used for 1850+shipping and thought that was a pretty good deal.
Seems like a fair price. I played a new one and it was like $2800. I can't believe how good it sounded, just so alive and crisp. Even though I'm back to gigging 2-4 times a month, spending that kinda coin on an amp just ain't in the cards for me. I do love my mesa express, but I'd trade up to a Carr rambler if I could.

Check out the electra dyne too, my all-time favorite Mesa. It's technically one channel, but with 3 switchable modes for varying amounts of gain.

It is very heavy though.

Back