I need a new fuzz

Go wild with some octave fuzz

octa-front.png

http://catalinbread.com/product/octapussy

I have a lot of fuzz pedals. I keep coming back to my Hoof Reaper for regular use. It works better than my other Big Muffs in a band context.

If you've never used a Fuzz Factory, they're a lot of fun. Not the most practical thing for gigging, as the controls are very reactive and can go into over-the-top mode with just a tiny adjustment.

If you're looking for something different, an FY2 Companion Fuzz clone might be up your alley. I have the Smitty Compadre.

I'm looking at their Tarpit.
I could loan you mine to help you make your decision. The Tarpit is good but it's certainly a big muff variation. If your were going to do that, I'd say the Muffuletta.

Lance at GearTalk demoed it for me when we were exchanging some pedals. It's pretty novel.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I could loan you mine to help you make your decision. The Tarpit is good but it's certainly a big muff variation. If your were going to do that, I'd say the Muffuletta.

Lance at GearTalk demoed it for me when we were exchanging some pedals. It's pretty novel.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Thanks for the offer. The Hornet is something I would love to have (I think I have mentioned that a million times here:grin:) but I don't know if it would work as my primary fuzz. I really love the stinger. As for the Muffuletta, I stay away from JHS. They are like Keeley with me. Every clip I hear, I love, but when I put them on my board, they are just ok. It's probably because I suck, but I can't seem to get them to sound better than average when they are on my board.

I'm probably the last guy to share Fuzz advice. I never really got along with them and sold all of them except for the Jacques Fuseblower. It has a range that I find usable.
But I'm far from an aficionado.

Back