I might be losing my mind... (interface content)

For $99 I would buy 4 of them and chain them. That is a crazy bargain. All interfaces are essentially the same in terms of sound quality per bit rate. They either work or they don't. The real distinguishing factor that separates the men from the boys are the pre-amps. The main reason I use Focusrite Interfaces is because they have Nieve pre-amps that are insane. But honestly, for home recording, Joe Blow would be hard pressed to tell the difference. Outboard pre-amps are a pretty cheap upgrade, but I seriously doubt you'd need to go there. The stock Behringer onboard pres that I have used actually work and sound well. Better than my Lexicon or Presonus.
That's my thought line, it's an interface, it can't be THAT bad can it?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

That's my thought line, it's an interface, it can't be THAT bad can it?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Seriously, no. I looked a little deeper into it, and I would not hesitate a second to grab one if I needed an interface.

The USB 2.0 connectivity is huge (yes, 3.0 is way faster, but essentially "too fast"). There actually aren't many USB interfaces that run 2.0 most are still 1.0.
Latency will be minimal if at all depending on the computer itself. Basically, the interface can run faster than most I/O busses. A blazing fast interface will just bottle neck your bus.

The pre-amps appear to be very decent as well. On that subject, a pre-amp is only as good as what is feeding it. If you're using a budget condenser mic, the greatest pre-amps in the world are not going to make it a Telefunken. Conversely, a Telefunken plugged into a shitty pre-amp will sound shitty. Go figure.

It's all about balance. A unit like this with a decent AKG or similar affordable mic can produce pretty incredible results if you have the knowledge and persistence.

As I've said before, I have vocal tracks recorded with a Sterling Audio ST-51 Condenser mic ($99 from GC), straight into the built in pre-amps on a 12 channel Behringer mixer ($89 at GC) through a Lexicon Lambda Interface ($129 8 years ago) into a single core AMD laptop... they sound insane.

Seriously, no. I looked a little deeper into it, and I would not hesitate a second to grab one if I needed an interface.

The USB 2.0 connectivity is huge (yes, 3.0 is way faster, but essentially "too fast"). There actually aren't many USB interfaces that run 2.0 most are still 1.0.
Latency will be minimal if at all depending on the computer itself. Basically, the interface can run faster than most I/O busses. A blazing fast interface will just bottle neck your bus.

The pre-amps appear to be very decent as well. On that subject, a pre-amp is only as good as what is feeding it. If you're using a budget condenser mic, the greatest pre-amps in the world are not going to make it a Telefunken. Conversely, a Telefunken plugged into a shitty pre-amp will sound shitty. Go figure.

It's all about balance. A unit like this with a decent AKG or similar affordable mic can produce pretty incredible results if you have the knowledge and persistence.

As I've said before, I have vocal tracks recorded with a Sterling Audio ST-51 Condenser mic ($99 from GC), straight into the built in pre-amps on a 12 channel Behringer mixer ($89 at GC) through a Lexicon Lambda Interface ($129 8 years ago) into a single core AMD laptop... they sound insane.
Well, as far as PC specs go, I should be OK, since I just built myself a brand new box, minus the 3D card.

Desktop: [Processor: Intel Skylake i5 6600K (stock for now)][HSF: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO]
[PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 B2][Case: Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Silver]
[Motherboard: AsRock Z170 Extreme4][RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666]
[Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti DS Superclocked 01G-P3-1567-KR]
[Hard Drives: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB]​

Well, as far as PC specs go, I should be OK, since I just built myself a brand new box, minus the 3D card.

Desktop: [Processor: Intel Skylake i5 6600K (stock for now)][HSF: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO]
[PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 B2][Case: Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Silver]
[Motherboard: AsRock Z170 Extreme4][RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666]
[Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti DS Superclocked 01G-P3-1567-KR]
[Hard Drives: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB]​
Yup, you are good to go!

Back