I may need an acoustic preamp pedal

Guy from CL wanted me to meet him in Mill Basin, which is basically the end of the earth from where I am. Oh well. There's always the next one.

Well that was easy...

Guy on CL wanted me to travel 2 hours by subway to him. When I declined and said "thanks, good luck with your sale", he responded with "You're getting almost $100 off on this. Whatever." Which wasn't really true. I was getting $70 off on it. Which is the going rate. And what I paid on Talkbass.

Guy on CL wanted me to travel 2 hours by subway to him. When I declined and said "thanks, good luck with your sale", he responded with "You're getting almost $100 off on this. Whatever." Which wasn't really true. I was getting $70 off on it. Which is the going rate. And what I paid on Talkbass.
people are dicks, water is wet. :)

people are dicks, water is wet. :)

It just wasn't worth the hassle of getting there. That's all. But this is also a microcosm of why the internet is destroying local sales and the used market is flailing. It was not only easier for me to buy online from some guy in Texas, but he was grateful for my lowball offer. After Paypal and USPS, he's only going to make $90 of the $100 I sent him. Local guy didn't want to budge. Been seeing this for years. And as the guitar market continues to decline, I think we're only going to see more of it.

See my updated sig...
:(
It just wasn't worth the hassle of getting there. That's all. But this is also a microcosm of why the internet is destroying local sales and the used market is flailing. It was not only easier for me to buy online from some guy in Texas, but he was grateful for my lowball offer. After Paypal and USPS, he's only going to make $90 of the $100 I sent him. Local guy didn't want to budge. Been seeing this for years. And as the guitar market continues to decline, I think we're only going to see more of it.
True, but he didn't need to be a dick about it either.

Yep. Been seeing it for a while here too. Sucks.

Yep. Been seeing it for a while here too. Sucks.

Part of me wants to keep the shit i don't really need to prevent me from buying more shit i don't need. The other part of me wants to sell what I can before the bottom completely drops out of the market. Sucks, but I'm also benefitting from it while buying used on the internet.

That Baggs piece looks nice. It looks like it will do everything my Tonebone will minus the footswitches for dual input switch, solo boost, and mute. For a set it and forget it, that's perfect.

That Baggs piece looks nice. It looks like it will do everything my Tonebone will minus the footswitches for dual input switch, solo boost, and mute. For a set it and forget it, that's perfect.

I would have liked the foot switch, but considering what I paid, I'll live.

I'm running the Taylor into the Catalinbread Echorec and the Para DI (pair-o-dee-eye) through my bass rig and it actually sounds good. Hit the Crystals setting on the Pitchfactor when I put the Echorec back on the board and it's like a whole new shimmery world.

Back