I may have a new favorite fuzz

Chad

Slender Hobbit
I put a few pedals up on Reverb and got an offer for a trade. Who am I to say no to a new pedal. So I got a Chicago Stompworks Violet Ram's Head clone. Great googley moogely. I plugged it in with everything at noon and it was a little bright for me, but after a few tweaks of the knobs, man does it kill. It is a bit noisy, but I guess that can be expected with a fuzz. It has a really good range, it can go from a low fi fizz, to a thick fuzzy doom. I would post a pic, but it is an unfinished enclosure with no graphics at all. Just a silver box with 3 silver knobs. I may have to check out some of their other stuff.

ya know, it's funny. I got a Chicago Stompworks Mr. Vermin last week, plugged it in, immediately initiated a return, and put it in the mail 2 days ago. couldn't stand it. Just goes to show...

Glad you like yours!

ya know, it's funny. I got a Chicago Stompworks Mr. Vermin last week, plugged it in, immediately initiated a return, and put it in the mail 2 days ago. couldn't stand it. Just goes to show...

Glad you like yours!

I traded a Vick Audio Fuzz Box for it. The guy I traded it to said he wasn't digging the Ram, but really loved the Mr. Vermin. I was thinking about trying the Rat one, but I guess I will pass now. I am very particular about my Rat clones. I still haven't found one that does the original Rat. They all have their own sound, they just don't sound much like a Rat.

I traded a Vick Audio Fuzz Box for it. The guy I traded it to said he wasn't digging the Ram, but really loved the Mr. Vermin. I was thinking about trying the Rat one, but I guess I will pass now. I am very particular about my Rat clones. I still haven't found one that does the original Rat. They all have their own sound, they just don't sound much like a Rat.
The Mr. V was just WEAK. No power, bland, no discernible improvements to the original.

The Mr. V was just WEAK. No power, bland, no discernible improvements to the original.

This one is not weak, thats for sure. I've never played through an original Muff of any kind, so I can't say if this in an improvement.

This one is not weak, thats for sure. I've never played through an original Muff of any kind, so I can't say if this in an improvement.
That's cool. I think I'm done with Muffs for a while. I've found that I love the Rams Head and Civil war, and I have a nice example of each. I may still need another rat though. I only have 2. :grin:

That's cool. I think I'm done with Muffs for a while. I've found that I love the Rams Head and Civil war, and I have a nice example of each. I may still need another rat though. I only have 2. :grin:

I'm thinking about giving the Fuzzrocious Rat a spin.

Back