I made the trip out to Sweetwater yesterday....

baimun

Funkasaurus Rex
Played through several amps that were impressive, but the one that surprised me the most was the Mesa Rectoverb 25 combo. Damn, that's a lot of giggable amp in a 1x12 cabinet!

Came home with one of these....

17195755511_eecbaef93e_z.jpg

I chose this picture because most don't really indicate how FREAKING TINY this thing is. It's not like a multi-effects board, it's more like 4 micro-pedals bolted together. (those are standard 1/4" cables plugged into the two jacks up top)

It sounds amazing. My initial run with it is direct to the board, which is usually the downfall of just about any speakerless solution, but I A/B'd it against an amp and it sounds great. lots of variety by dialing up different combinations of gain vs volume on the Sans Amp and boost options. Reverb is very usable and including a tap tempo for the delay was a great touch.

It's not going to replace your entire rig, but it sounds better than any of the modellers I've tried (gain without fizz), and let me reiterate how TINY the damned thing is. It will fit in the pocket of many guitar cases.

I don't know if you're coming to Pragestock this year or not, but I'll bring it.

No, I listened to dozens of reviews and demos online and I knew I wanted the RK5.

I also picked up another A-frame stand for on stage. I'm done with those wobbly ass guitar stands where you always lose the U shaped yoke. :annoyed:

MUSGS7362B-1c06a99998f2b51c874a158ed6e9f840.jpg

Those look really cool! If it's good enough for Kotzen, it's good enough for me.

I was already cashed out when I saw this..... yes, that is a guitar speedknob on top... THAT's how tiny those little bastards are.

20150205_7ccdaf.jpg

I was already cashed out when I saw this..... yes, that is a guitar speedknob on top... THAT's how tiny those little bastards are.

20150205_7ccdaf.jpg
I don't get these tiny pedals. I don't have huge feet and I'm pretty sure I'd never get a clean stomp on one of those suckers. I'd have to have them spaced out enough that I might as well have MXR-sized boxes.

I dig the micro pedals because you can move them around and space them however you want.

The one above? Man, I don't evnen know..... I just imagine it evaporating into dust under my big ass feet. :embarrassed:

I don't get these tiny pedals. I don't have huge feet and I'm pretty sure I'd never get a clean stomp on one of those suckers. I'd have to have them spaced out enough that I might as well have MXR-sized boxes.

Yeah, I think we're in that age with pedals that cell phones went through, where folks are trying to make them as small as possible for the sake of making them small. The FlyRig is specifically/purposely small and a meant to cover a lot of sonic ground, but other pedals are just getting silly.

I like how TC does their stuff though...HUGE, regular, small...all with the ability to tweak them well beyond the physical controls with the tone prints thing.

I have tried a few of the mini pedals and they don't feel solid on the board. Every time I step on them, they tip a little and I almost twist my ankle. Those Hotone pedals look like they may have a lower/wider profile so they may work out better.

I dig the micro pedals because you can move them around and space them however you want.

The one above? Man, I don't evnen know..... I just imagine it evaporating into dust under my big ass feet. :embarrassed:

The TC sized ones seem cool, but the Hotone pedals seem ridiculous.

Back