I love my mother in law, with pics, and a question

Bob411

thrumming with potential
Mom in law has been staying with us recuperating after the hospital. She doesn't have a computer so, we have been trying to get her hook on, at least facebook. Started a page for her. Just writing some of the stuff she says during the day, for relatives following her recovery. Sometimes I paraphrase, and sometimes, I take a little more liberty.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Granny-Ethel/477063852443931?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

The problem with threads with links like his is that you follow the link and forget to come back to post. :grin:

Good fun, Bob.

It's here. Guitar Center's product description said, "This item includes a case, or bag. This item includes a case.". I'll call and ask if they are sending it in a separate shipment. Was expecting them to put the amp in the case to ship it.

As much as I love removing rat fur. My plan for this was to put it in the head shell I made for bro in law. The Peavey VTM60, in my avatar, blew up. With a little remodeling, I can make it work. Rest of my plan was to rewire one of his 4x12s. I "read on the Internet" these were 4 ohm speakers. I read 6.3 with my ohm meter. Anybody know for sure? Waiting for pics to upload on my crappy dial up, I checked an Emi that I know is 8 ohm, it reads 6.7 ohms. Still possible somebody put 8 ohm speakers in it, after the fact. If the amp wants 8 ohms, I can just hook it up to both 4x12s.

P1100733.JPG

P1100737.JPG

Called the Corpus Christy Guitar Center, apparently, there was no case. The guy who traded the amp in, also traded in a guitar and, that had a case and, somebody made a mistake. I can of course, return the amp for a refund. Either pack it back up or, drive to Joliet. Don't want to do either. Would be nice if they offered to knock off the shipping or, would you settle for a used guitar case?, something.

Still need to open it up. When we first tried it, was muffled on the clean channel. Tried unplugging, plugging the guitar cord. Switched to the dirty channel, and had full volume. Rolled the volume, and tone knobs on the clean channel, while still on the dirty channel, switched back to the clean channel, and the clean channel worked. Pots aren't scratchy, maybe the clean/dirty channel switch?

Haven't got the amp to not work again. Guess playing with it too much/not letting it sit. Doused it with Deoxit while it was out anyways.

A little remodeling, and it fits.

P1100767.JPG

Back