I love my '68 VibroChamp w/ my tele and Weber ceramic BluePup speaker! That's why!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cheese Grits, Jan 25, 2011.

Jan 25, 2011
  1. Jan 25, 2011
  2. Modern Saint MayDaSquirrelBWithYou

How do you like the Weber blue pup? I have considered changing my stock speaker for a Weber in my SF Vibro Champ.
  3. Jan 25, 2011
  4. Very nice! Once I get settled in at the new house, I'll set up a real microphone in a real room and record some sweet sounds with it to let you judge for yourself. :)
  5. Jan 25, 2011
  6. Modern Saint MayDaSquirrelBWithYou

7. Jan 25, 2011
  8. Dew Knot Hump Sausager

I miss my Vibro Champ, about 15 years ago my brother found a 1966 VC for 5 bucks at a garage sale but I ended up selling it about ten years ago.
  9. Jan 25, 2011
  10. Yeah, I picked mine up for $75 on CL from its original owner. He had installed a master volume on the back of it :freak:, but my tube tech undid that and put everything back up to spec for about $100. I recon $175 is a pretty good price for an amp like that. It feels kind of like a piece of history, you know? Plus, it sounds swell.
  11. Jan 25, 2011
  12. Dew Knot Hump Sausager

I hear you, my "newst" amp is a 1968 Super Reverb.
  13. Jan 26, 2011
  14. Modern Saint MayDaSquirrelBWithYou

Nice prices guys! I got mine for $60 from CL about 7-8 years ago. It is a mid 70's SF that I am going overhaul it after some of my other projects on my plate are done. When I got it the back cabinet support was missing but I found someplace that sells those. I am not very good with woodwork so IMO it is the better choice. Mine sounds great and after the overhaul will be even better.