I love modding guitars… how about you? What are you currently working on?

mystixboi1

Kick Henry Jackassowski
I used to hate having to mess with guitars, but now I find it kind of therapeutic. I’m not the best at messing with stuff, but I do enjoy tinkering. I’m currently working on a Fender Deluxe Player’s Strat. It came with 3 single coils and a rosewood neck. I immediately bought a DragonFire loaded pickguard that I installed.

Baimun sent me a strat neck that I had sent to him a while back to repair a guitar, but that project fell apart. So he sent it back and I installed it the other night. Now I’m waiting on new tuners and string trees to finish it off. I’ll post pics when it’s done.

What are you working on?

Short scale bass. G Electromatic neck on an Epi LP Jr. body.Want to put in a TV Jones so saving up.
image.jpg1_zpshfmdqkmq.jpg

Building a 1-15 guitar cab for my old Bassman. Plan on ordering a Weber Cali first of the month.
image.jpg1_zpscer52hpu.jpg

Nothing, but I was really tempted to buy a local J. Mascis jazzy to mod with a new pickguard and a humbucker in the bridge. Not going to do it though.

Nope. I've always loved woodworking, a skill learned from my grandfather, and I enjoy building acoustic instruments from scratch... but playing with electronics feels like work. I don't buy guitars unless it's exactly what I want, and I don't mind paying extra for it, within reason. It helps that I find flash in electrics to be tacky, for the most part.

Last edited:
image.jpg

I have this Astro Jet project I'm working on. Building a neck for it. Presently trying to decide exactly how I'm going to equip the thing.

And I just started working on a custom 5 string bass for my brother. We just bought a hunk of maple for the neck.

my weekend projects include 2 pickup swaps. putting some Lace Sensor Golds into the new Yamaha Pacifica, and some Duncan Antiquities into the SG Classic...

I don't enjoy it. I enjoy playing guitars, but not working on them. String changes are the exception - that's my zen moment.

I suck at it. I have two instruments that I'm theoretically going to work on eventually but I'd rather just play what I have.

Back