I left a couple of my friends at the doctors...

The McFeely gets played a bunch doesn't it.
What is it,4 years old and it needs a refret?

Stainless steel for sure.
It's my main solid body electric and my live rig is kinda built around it so it goes to every gig and up until the last couple of months most of my teaching...I play the Guild archtop and my Les Paul at school, so it does get a ton of use.

I spoke with @telecaster911 today and he suggested I send it back to him when it's time and we'll use the jescar fretwire: https://www.jescar.com/jescar-fret-wire/ - it kinda splits the difference.

I should also have my 440 back by around Christmas with a new neck chewie0

@Brian Krashpad

Ran across this on Craigslist

45FCDB1B-057E-412E-A62A-459FFC3CF9A1.png

Picked up my guitars today. Holy shit he wasn’t kidding about them needing refrets. I should be able to get through the next year or so and then just have them done. It’s just hard not having either guitar around when I’m working a lot. The McFeely isn’t as bad as the Les Paul but it’s still lower than I dig.

Overall the work Joel did was awesome though. I think I’ve found the best tech in the county. I dropped my bass off for a setup and replacement control set and my tele back for a new tone control and some more sheilding of the control cavity.

Apparently he was one of the original custom shop builders for Fender back in the 80’s too. I didn’t know that...

Also, @telecaster911 he dug the 454. A couple of his customers checked it out while it was there and apparently one of them has been seeing the guitar online for a while and was stoked to check it out in person. Everyone commented on the acoustic resonance of the instrument and Joel was pretty impressed with the craftsmanship of the neck pocket and how it was the “kind of thing you usually only see on Suhr’s and Anderson’s.

Back