I just had my first Five Guys Burger...

F

fanuvbrak

I got a cheeseburger "all the way" (mayo, pickles, grilled onions, mushrooms, ketchup, mustard), a regular order of fries and a regular drink.

The Burger: Very similar in taste and build to In N Out...delicious. 4 out of 5 stars
The Fries: Again, similar to In N Out, but thicker, which gives them a slight edge. Some of the best fries I've ever had: 5 out of 5 stars.
The Drink: A drink is a drink.
The Price: $10.71. Really? for a burger fries and a drink? $10.71? 2 out of 5 stars.

And there you have it. The lowdown on Five Guys Burgers.

I really like the burgers and we had one open up between my house and the studio this summer but I've only eaten there once...between my wallet and waistline I really can't afford it right now. :embarrassed:

Plus they give you enough fries to feed a small village. They are opening one up early next year about two miles from my office. Bad news for my budget.

And I agree they are priced a bit steep - but most burger places are now.

...I think the high prices are a good thing...maybe someone would think twice about eating there so much, and thus, perhaps, eat a bit healthier...although, I'm sure they could then just go find a dollar menu somewhere that is equally as bad...or worse, for that matter...

The Price: $10.71. Really? for a burger fries and a drink? $10.71? 2 out of 5 stars

I have been told by D.C. residents that's the wrong way to order. The suggested method of ordering for reasonable value would be:

1 Kid/Jr burger
split the fries between two people

...I think the high prices are a good thing...maybe someone would think twice about eating there so much, and thus, perhaps, eat a bit healthier...although, I'm sure they could then just go find a dollar menu somewhere that is equally as bad...or worse, for that matter...

And when you think about it, maybe it makes sense that its more expensive. It could be an indicator that it's actually ground beef. I don't understand how a company can afford to sell a bacon cheeseburger for a buck.

Everything is expensive here, though. The last two weekends we've gone out for lunch at what I thought were reasonable restaurants and have had a $50+ bill for two adults, a 5 year old and a 2 year old. Staying home this weekend :embarrassed:

What do you mean "a drink is a drink"?
If you've ever had your hands on a pop machine, adjusting the syrup and fizz,
I'm sure you'd get into it and find a super tasty pop recipe.
Even 7-11 with the cherry and lemon extras to squirt in add a lot to ordinary swill.
Ginger beer, along with pioneer village root beer, is the best, for me.
In Welland, Kiminos' Restaurant and Buffet is known as the best for their pop pourings.

My wife is the bigger fan of 5 guys. My son is a fan of In-N-Out. Me, I would rather the local shop called "Bake-n-Broil" which makes a killer burger. In fact I had one last night with swiss cheese, grilled onions, lots of lettuce and tomato - mmmm. munch0

Hamburgers are a comfort food for me, and that's making them like I grew up with.
Smack the hamburger around in your palm until it's flat and thin like I like, cooking a little well done,
with Heintz ketchup on the bottom bun with Spanish onion slices, the burger, then mustard and relish on top.
And that's a thin burger to squish out the fats and oils, so I can get two patties out of it,
thinking it's more nutritious to eat another bun with the condiments, even different condiments, what the real food is.

Went once and it was alright. Meat wasn't rare enough which is a bummer. No real desire to go there again, but if someone I knew wanted to go there I'd be okay with it.

Are you saying you get off on watching someone else eat?
Scientists in Toronto have recently measured the synaptic firings of a human brain,
and their observations have proved to them that humans feel and react to what they see,
as much as if they were doing it themselves.

I've had 3 this week. I should probably go ahead and schedule the angioplasty.

And yeah, I get the little bacon cheeseburger, and try to split the fries whenever possible.

When we take the kids the price ends up being ok because 1 regular order of fries is enough for the 4 of us.

When we take the kids the price ends up being ok because 1 regular order of fries is enough for the 4 of us.

That is why I never go unless my family is going. The only negative for me is that they dont have a small or reasonable sized fries. The regular feeds all of us.

Back