I just don't like tablets.

Gary Blanchard

beloved, local musician
Maybe it's my age or something, but I find tablets so difficult to work with. I took one to school with me Monday and quickly put it away. I had a hard time trying to check Email, post here, or do anything other than play solitaire on it. Yesterday I just brought my netbook to use between classes. It weight a bit more, but at least it is useful.

Hey, when I was a kid, these were the tablets we had:
Divine-Law-before-Moses.jpg

I have the ipad 2, and I love it so much. it's honestly one of my most prized possessions. If I go from one room to another, the pad comes too.

I haven't had a home computer in 3 years.

I have the ipad 2, and I love it so much. it's honestly one of my most prized possessions. If I go from one room to another, the pad comes too.

I haven't had a home computer in 3 years.

Laptops made desktops obsolete for most of us and tablets have done the same for another subgroup.

I love the ipad. It's so convenient to check on something. Open the top type in the password and hit safari. I'm not going to write a novel on it but for what it does (replaces a laptop in my house) it's fantastic. It is also great when we travel.

I bought a cheap tablet that came with a keyboard, but the keyboard died immediately. I may but a better keyboard which might make the tablet better for me, but I think I'll probably just stick with the netbook.

I'm with you Gary. No tablets for me. Everyone in my house has a tablet, but I prefer a conventional thin notebook with a conventional keyboard and trackpad...and a normal desktop OS.

I love my tablet.

I also have a bluetooth keyboard for it, but I rarely use it.

It completely replaced my laptop (haven't had one for several years), and about the only reason I fire up my desktop anymore is if I want to record something.

I recently bought an Acer Memopad 7. It was only about $120 and has a quad core intel processor and basically its great. Still have a desktop in the house though (some gaming) and a laptop as the wife is a teacher, so she can keep all her crap off my stuff.

Changes like that just take some time to get over the learning curve. I prefer a laptop, too, but I got a lot more proficient with my tablet after a get-to-know-you period.

We have an iPad, which is cool unless there is a bunch of typing to do and the inconvenience of no USB ports. I use it to watch movies and recorded TV, plus read books and a few games.
It beats my old tablet. It makes me look young compared to Gary's. :poke:
498243223_eaa69b8184.jpg

I don't care for them either and don't have one...I pay for my kids to have them though..

I don't care for lap tops either.....

Desk top at work,(on it now),and desk top at home...

Here was my first tablet.
magic-slate.jpg

I used to spend hours playing with these as a kid. I don't guess they make them anymore.

Back