I have one spot left on my board

Delay is very necessary for me. It wouldn't be out of the question for me to have 2 on my board.

To your second statement, having a second fuzz/dirt pedal or delay pedal, offering more or other tones than your current pedals is a good option. Add this:

Two mini pedals. :embarrassed:

And you can get an another flavor of dirt and delay...with the mini-TC pedals (if you like their tones), you can get near unlimited programmability.

I have no pedal board, but I'd like to build one. Right now I'm enamored of the Sparkle Drive mod and the SD 805 overdrive for dirty (and/or EQ-able boost with teh 805), the TC Triple delay, and the SD Catalina Chorus. I'm generally good with amp reverb. That said, I'm a little afraid of becoming a pedal junky...not unlike a few folks that lurk around here.:thu:

To your second statement, having a second fuzz/dirt pedal or delay pedal, offering more or other tones than your current pedals is a good option. Add this:

And you can get an another flavor of dirt and delay...with the mini-TC pedals (if you like their tones), you can get near unlimited programmability.

I have no pedal board, but I'd like to build one. Right now I'm enamored of the Sparkle Drive mod and the SD 805 overdrive for dirty (and/or EQ-able boost with teh 805), the TC Triple delay, and the SD Catalina Chorus. I'm generally good with amp reverb. That said, I'm a little afraid of becoming a pedal junky...not unlike a few folks that lurk around here.:thu:

I've tried a couple of TC pedals and found them meh. I liked one of the crazy reverbs but it isn't a mini. Same thing with the Keeley pedals. Both of those companies sound great in the demos but they left me a little flat.

I have been leaning towards dirt or chorus. I can really get by without either of them but really want both. The problem with dirt is the overwhelming amount of pedals to choose from. I can really get the chorus sounds I want from a simple MXR Micro Chorus.

I've tried a couple of TC pedals and found them meh. I liked one of the crazy reverbs but it isn't a mini. Same thing with the Keeley pedals. Both of those companies sound great in the demos but they left me a little flat.

The real world aspect of this is part of what worries me about taking a dive into the pedal junky world.

I actually have a small collection of pedals:

DS-1
CE-2

both bought in the mid-'80s not long after I started playing.

Crybaby Wah
Mesa V-Twin

I stopped gigging (which I did rarely to begin with) and jamming just before moving from NY to VA (1999). The pedals never really made it on a pedal board. The Mesa sounds excellent and can cover a lot of ground, but the volume difference between the clean and dirt was quite a a bit...the clean is louder. I got away from chorus after the '80s, until I got into a Zep kick and found it perfect for replicating the No Quarter tone. I was pretty adept at getting a nice variety of tones out of the DS-1, but the Mesa sounds so much more...more.

It seems I should start by getting getting all my pedals together and taking it from there.

What's the best way to test pedals without buying them?

youre already chock full of modulation...I go for some dirt (which often depends on your amp & genre for what'll work best) or something completely off the script:

sure, it's modulation but boy howdy

Leave it empty. If you don't need anything, why fill it. Just give your other pedals more space.

Crisis averted for now. I threw on my Red Llama clone. A big difference than my fuzz tone. So for now, I'm done.

I bought a flashback x4...as soon as I figure out how to set it up midi I'll be golden....
I'm in the middle of building a homemade pedal board. But I haven't touched the project in a couple of months now....

Back