Unholy Meat Obelisk
:lol:

:facepalm:

Auburn, Art Deco Series, Gibson L-5, 2000, Curly maple

21158456bbe50c80e1dee72b319cc6b8.jpg

Auburn9.jpg

JazzModerne5cropped.jpg

Auburn6.jpg

Seriously, it is kind of cool, but damn - there's a lot going on there. Would like to hear how it sounds, but I imagine it's not a piece that someone would regularly play.

If I was on stage and wanted a really stand-out guitar, I could see it, because to me it has a pretty cool vibe.

Interesting, and it looks like all of the details stick the the Art Deco period (which was mainly in the 1930s): the artwork; the body (remember cutaway guitars weren't very common in the 30s), and the pickup (the same one as Gibson's ES-150 [Charlie Christian] had).

It's funny that some of the same folks who complain that a fender body with four pieces of wood kills any hope of good tone probably worship a piece of marquetry like that -- with literally hundres of bits of wood glued together...

It's not something I'd buy/play but I really (and I hate saying this) like it from a woodworking and finishing perspective.

Now the pictures maybe extra flattering but seems like one of the nicer put together things Gibson has done lately.

It's not something I'd buy/play but I really (and I hate saying this) like it from a woodworking and finishing perspective.

Now the pictures maybe extra flattering but seems like one of the nicer put together things Gibson has done lately.
Why do you hate saying it, Doug?

Back