I have a new respect for the Dodge Hellcat

Tig

Fucktangular
Around lunch time yesterday, Mrs. T and I watched the chase of a stolen Hellcat live on the local ABC channel. The chase started in West Houston and almost made it to Beaumont when he ran out of gas. It was confirmed that he was driving over 200 MPH at one point. The news helicopter has a max ground speed of 120, and was left behind later in the pursuit.

Watching the acceleration is what impressed me the most. The driver later said he'd driven one before. He cut it really close a few times, and luckily no one was injured.

Ignore the stupid anchor commentary (calls it a "Dodger" at one point) and erroneous facts.

I want one BADLY but right now the price is more than I want to pay and the dealers aren't up for negotiating. They drive soooooo smoothly. I have test driven a couple and it feels like it's dragging at 55, but when you get it up to around 75 it's nothing but butter

I have a big problem with the fact that car manufacturers are allowed to make vehicles that can go/accelerate that fast.
I can’t tell you how often I hear stats on the radio/tv of fatalities due to speeding and reckless driving, not to mention distracted driving. I’m pretty sure everyone would agree that it is an issue today. But still we allow vehicles that are capable of this.
My work truck is governed as to its top speed and how fast it can accelerate and I get to all my stops on time everyday without driving like an asshole.

I have a big problem with the fact that car manufacturers are allowed to make vehicles that can go/accelerate that fast.
I can’t tell you how often I hear stats on the radio/tv of fatalities due to speeding and reckless driving, not to mention distracted driving. I’m pretty sure everyone would agree that it is an issue today. But still we allow vehicles that are capable of this.
My work truck is governed as to its top speed and how fast it can accelerate and I get to all my stops on time everyday without driving like an asshole.

I have a car that can go that fast, and I have never even taken it anywhere near what it's full capabilities are. It's not the car that makes it dangerous, but the idiot behind the wheel. I have seen plenty of Prius' drivers that think they are in the Indy 500.

I have a car that can go that fast, and I have never even taken it anywhere near what it's full capabilities are. It's not the car that makes it dangerous, but the idiot behind the wheel. I have seen plenty of Prius' drivers that think they are in the Indy 500.
Yup, that’s a big part of the problem too. These people think they are Richard Petty behind the wheel.

Best car chase I've ever seen was a guy driving an 80s 2wd Ford Ranger at all of about 25 MPH.
He was able to creatively wrangle his way around just about every road block the cops setup and was going so slow they couldn't pull the pit maneuver on him. Went on for an eternity.

i kinda feel like if you want to own a car that goes over (fill in the blank) 145 mph? , then you should have to get a special driver's license that includes you driving the car at speed on a closed course to prove you can handle the speed.
the license should also come with a clause that if you ever get caught driving at that speed on a public road, you loose you license FOREVER.

Back