I hate going to concerts

RyanNo3

Pedals - Pedals - Pedals
Everytime I go... I decide afterward that I have to sell all my "non-essential" pedals...

There was a girl - Jackie Venson -that opened for Gary Clark Jr. She had a DS-1, DD-3, and a RC-20 plugged into a Fender Blues Junior III. On her worst day, her toan is better than my has ever been.

:HB:

Maybe a For Sale thread a'comin...

And don't get me started on GCJ... I just can't. Great show though.

** She doesn't work a full time job with a 3 hour round trip commute and have a family, but now I'm just making excuses. And she's from Austin where most people are handed a guitar fresh out of the baby making area.

When I saw Social Distortion last summer (or maybe 2 summers ago) Mike Ness had a huge board. It had a Klon and a tuner, that was it and he sounded awesome. Made me want to unload everything. I think I may just grab a pedaltrain nano so I can have the, I want to sell everything board and then I'll have my I need 50 pedals board, so I can just put one away when I flip flop :grin:

I stopped worrying about it...I play for the love of it and enjoy having a bunch of sound options at the ready...

There will always be people "better" (and "worse") than me. I enjoy playing and will not let myself be discouraged from doing what I love doing.

My main concern with concerts is crowds; luckily the acts I want to see don't do stadium shows. :grin:

There will always be people "better" (and "worse") than me. I enjoy playing and will not let myself be discouraged from doing what I love doing.

My main concern with concerts is crowds; luckily the acts I want to see don't do stadium shows. :grin:
I'm with ya, hate stadium shows and rarely go to them. On the odd occasion that I do, it's usually because it's someone my wife wants to see. I much prefer the smaller, club style venues. There are so many talented musicians/bands out there touring smaller clubs anymore that I don't feel like I'm missing anything by not going to stadium shows. I can sit at home and watch those concerts on AXS or MTV Live (formerly Palladia). It's pretty much the same thing as watching the jumbotron from the upper deck anyway. :shrug:

Back