I had a weird little incident this morning already

tiger roach

Urban Bovine Knievel
I drug my ass out of bet at 4:embarrassed:0 to get a run in. I run in this park behind my house, there is a pretty nice 2-mile paved trail that runs on both sides of the bayou. At one point (two actually, both sides) the trail crosses this kinda lonely street.

When I get to where I have to cross that street for the second time, there is this young black lady in distress there, saying "Sir, can you help me? do you have a phone?" Boo hoo hooing like crazy. Remember, this is 4:30 in the morning. Nothing around there but houses. She tells me she left a club with some guys, who then robbed her of her phone & purse and booted her out of the car. She doesn't have a clue where she is, and her home is way in another part of town.

We try to call her sister & her dad, no answer, so I call the police. Tell them where we are, she tells them what happened etc. And we wait...I'm more naive than I realized, I thought the cops would come streaking to our aid in like 5 minutes. rolleyes1

20 minutes go by, she's crying she wants to go home the whole time, I'm getting pissed because I need to go to work and I had really wanted to run, too. I couldn't just walk away though. Plus every time a car goes by they see us, Mr. Middle Aged White Guy with a young pretty black chick in her finest spandex pants and black bra party gear. :facepalm:

So I get her to walk with me along the trail back to my house so I can drive her to the police station (which fortunately is less than a mile from my house). By then we have finally got her dad on the phone and he is going to meet us there. My wife drove us to the cop shop, and fortunately they didn't ask me to hang around and make a statement or anything. Got to work just one bus later than usual.

I guess I can try to run again after work... :-\

Let no good deed go unpunished. Well, not really a punishment in this case.

Maybe she learned an important lesson or two like: the guys she thought were cool are complete assholes and the middle aged (old to her!) white dude she may have thought to be uncool turned out to be a decent gentleman of the highest caliber.

You woke up at 4? I don't get it.

No shit. I sleep in until 4:20.

Last edited:
Let no good deed go unpunished. Well, not really a punishment in this case.

Maybe she learned an important lesson or two like: the guys she thought were cool are complete assholes and the middle aged (old to her!) white dude she may have thought to be uncool turned out to be a decent gentleman of the highest caliber.

Hopefully she'll at least be a little more discriminating about who she leaves clubs with in the wee hours of the morning.

If you hadn't been there, God only knows what might have happened to the poor girl. You did good. But get a run in AFTER work today just to make sure there aren't any other women in distress around.

Back