I get to run this in about 4 weeks.

Denverdave

Resident Ragamuffin
http://www.ragnartrail.com/locations/snowmass-co

Some friends changed from an ultra teams (4 person) to a regular team (8 person). They needed a couple more people and I volunteered to be one of them. Running at over 8000 feet (at the bottom), camping, beer, running trails in the middle of the might, beer, sleep depravation. I'll probably only need to run about 15 miles total and that is split up over three legs separated by seven runners each leg.

Should be a lot of fun.

:messedup:

I mean, it looks gorgeous. But I'd die.

At least you would die in a really beautiful place. :embarrassed:

It's not that bad....it would just slow you down a bit.

Well - the one long loop does climb to over 9000 ft - but it takes about 3.5 miles of climbing to get there so it is not that steep.

Wow, should be amazing assuming you and your teammates are up to it physically which I'm sure you are.

I might have been interested in something like that in my 30s, if I could have figured out a way to train for the altitude.

Wow, should be amazing assuming you and your teammates are up to it physically which I'm sure you are.
I might have been interested in something like that in my 30s, if I could have figured out a way to train for the altitude.

I am probably in the worst shape of all the runners on my team....and the only one over about 35. We are not trying to win - just have fun. But one of the guys on the team runs about a 2:40 marathon....

Back