I fear for our future...

the species has always been this stupid....oh look.....it's an eclipse....god must be mad. :facepalm:

I wouldn't call that stupid. That is someone trying to explain the unknown. What is stupid is after scientists figure out that an eclipse is the moon passing in front of the sun, they still believe god must be mad.

Last edited:
I wouldn't call that stupid. That is someone trying to explain the unknown. What is stupid is after scientists figure out than eclipse is the moon passing in front of the son, and they still believe god must be mad.

Never throw a moon while you're mad. You might poop the ground while gritting your teeth.

I wouldn't call that stupid. That is someone trying to explain the unknown. What is stupid is after scientists figure out than eclipse is the moon passing in front of the son, and they still believe god must be mad.
or that the earth really is ONLY 5000 years old, and all the fossils and dinosaur bones are satan trying to mess with your "faith".

I think one big difference is facebook and the like allows us to see parts of people's opinions that otherwise they might keep to themselves (unless you were out drinking and something sparked the conversation).

It kinda disturbs me when I open up the facebook page of someone I'm acquainted with and who seems well balanced in person, and then see racist, narrow minded, or plain insensitive bile on their page. It's tough to put the genie back in the bottle at that point. Ugh....

Know the feeling. There's another site I used to hang out at a lot. They have a page where you can talk religion and politics and after hanging out there I found there were a lot of people there I thought were OK that I no longer liked as people.

If agreeing on politics and/or religion were a prerequisite for friendship, some of my closest friends would be strangers.

I think one big difference is facebook and the like allows us to see parts of people's opinions that otherwise they might keep to themselves (unless you were out drinking and something sparked the conversation).

It kinda disturbs me when I open up the facebook page of someone I'm acquainted with and who seems well balanced in person, and then see racist, narrow minded, or plain insensitive bile on their page. It's tough to put the genie back in the bottle at that point. Ugh....

One of the reasons why I deleted my FB account recently. No longer is it a place for others to keep up on the goings on of far-flung family and friends, but a place where everyone now posts their favorite memes, opinions of others (not their own, unless it is to rage at another (s)), and "...Like if you are (insert your favorite stupid-assed theme here...)..."

everyone's status is now another's opinion, just warmed over too many times.

Easier walk away from a heap of shit than to try to make any good of it. FB was so easy to walk away from and I never got involved in any of the other "Look At Me!" social media apps.

One of the reasons why I deleted my FB account recently. No longer is it a place for others to keep up on the goings on of far-flung family and friends, but a place where everyone now posts their favorite memes, opinions of others (not their own, unless it is to rage at another (s)), and "...Like if you are (insert your favorite stupid-assed theme here...)..."

everyone's status is now another's opinion, just warmed over too many times.

Easier walk away from a heap of shit than to try to make any good of it. FB was so easy to walk away from and I never got involved in any of the other "Look At Me!" social media apps.

I guess I'm thankful then that my primary function of Facebook is band promotion and then I put family stuff up as well. I'm much more hesitant to put anything too inflammatory on my page because I don't want to offend or exclude a big chunk of our fans and facebook friends.

My faecbuk page does represent who I truly am and I own that 100%. I'm a silly jackass with certain obsessions and some strong opinions regarding the fact that people should be allowed to be happy. A few of you guys are friends with me on faecbuk and seem to be on the same page.

I wouldn't call that stupid. That is someone trying to explain the unknown. What is stupid is after scientists figure out that an eclipse is the moon passing in front of the son, they still believe god must be mad.
The Flat Earth Society is a real, sincere thing. When I first heard of it I thought maybe it was a funny name for a comedy troop or something. Nope, they really think the Earth is flat and riding on the back of a tortoise.

or that the earth really is ONLY 5000 years old, and all the fossils and dinosaur bones are satan trying to mess with your "faith".
My IRL friend that I just told to sod off last night became one of those in recent years.

I guess I'm thankful then that my primary function of Facebook is band promotion and then I put family stuff up as well. I'm much more hesitant to put anything too inflammatory on my page because I don't want to offend or exclude a big chunk of our fans and facebook friends.
My radio show page is separate from my personal page. Andy and I seem to be at least 99% on the same page as far as "inflamatory" stuff.

Hell, just an FYI... It's YOU guys that give me any sort of hope for the species. If not for you I'd think we were all fucked!

hey, if you send me his contact info, maybe i can convince him to buy a bridge from me.
I wouldn't want to put you through that. He'd message you demanding answers for nonsensical questions for about 3 hours before you told him to jump off that bridge.

Back