I don't want your bass

Kelly

24 Steel Wheels of Shoegaze
Big_mouth_billy_bass_still.jpg

seriously how do you turn this thing off? :facepalm:

also i realized approximately 0.3 seconds after posting this that making a joke rhyming "bass" with "sass" maaaaaaaaaybe isn't the best idea on a guitar forum. :facepalm:

EVH would like to have a word with you. Remember, he has a reconstructed tongue, so let him talk first.
He has a reconstructed tongue because his metal picks interacted with the studio equipment and gave him cancer.

toooooootally wasn't him chain smoking like an industrial furnace.

I'll take my tone advice from smarter people tyvm

He has a reconstructed tongue because his metal picks interacted with the studio equipment and gave him cancer.

toooooootally wasn't him chain smoking like an industrial furnace.

I'll take my tone advice from smarter people tyvm

John Suhr is smarter. You should take advice from him. His preferred wood combination is basswood + maple.

John Suhr is smarter. You should take advice from him. His preferred wood combination is basswood + maple.
I could buy and replace both axles in my jeep for what a Suhr costs. Basswood is ultra cheap so he uses it to boost his markup.

I could buy and replace both axles in my jeep for what a Suhr costs. Basswood is ultra cheap so he uses it to boost his markup.

Remember kids, the only reason Fender didn't use Pine was that Ash and Alder were even cheaper. cop0

Remember kids, the only reason Fender didn't use Pine was that Ash and Alder were even cheaper. cop0
Touche. But if I'm dropping 3 mortgage payments on an instrument i'd rather that cost be put into materials and not that finicky netherspace called "labor"

Touche. But if I'm dropping 3 mortgage payments on an instrument i'd rather that cost be put into materials and not that finicky netherspace called "labor"

I would love to know the difference in cost between a board of basswood and a board of African Mahogany. I'm guessing it's not so much as we'd want it to be. As for "labor", if you're spending that kinda money and not getting better attention to detail, you bought a Gibson. :tongue:

I would love to know the difference in cost between a board of basswood and a board of African Mahogany. I'm guessing it's not so much as we'd want it to be. As for "labor", if you're spending that kinda money and not getting better attention to detail, you bought a Gibson. :tongue:
Would you like pig shit or our Premium, Fair Trade, Organic Non-GMO, Artisinal Porcine Guano?

I can't sleep so I looked this up. I used solid body guitar body blanks as the basis of comparison, two piece glued. These prices are for 'paint grade' wood and from a commercial retailer, so probably a lot higher than wholesale bulk prices, but at least it provides some comparison we can fight about.

Basswood. 31.98
Mahogany 91.32
African mahogany 58.35
Poplar 27.77
Swamp ash 70.32
Black limba 79.35

One piece blanks seemed to be about 15% higher in price.

Back