I didn't realize that Jeff Beck was a hot rod guy

BlackCat

American Greaser
I've been looking at some hot rod publications recently and I noticed Jeff Beck name-dropped a couple of times. I started to wonder if it was the Jeff Beck of guitar fame.

Apparently he's a fixture on the hot rod scene too. Going to swap meets, rod runs, and hobnobbing with builders and collectors. He does his own work too.

Jeff Beck quote about Americans: "You got the music right and you got the cars right."

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah...that was the idea behind this:

Beck.jpg

jeff-beck-cars-5x7.jpg

He, Willie G, and Jimmy Vaughan all have some great cars.
4782477721_984c8aafc4_b.jpg

Ya gotta love Billy's monster...
4782477225_f882d1cc5a_b.jpg

Holy crap! In the same set of photos, I found this pic of Keven Schwantz ('93 World GP 500cc Champion). We went to school together and rode motorcycles across from his uncle's shop. At 46, he's a year and 2 days younger than me, but looks quite a bit older.
4782482233_a3b6e4d0f6.jpg

Oh yeah. Jimmie Vaughan is a car nut too. I betcha that's JV between Billy Gibbons Jeff Beck in that photo. I'm pretty sure that green caddy is JV's.

I saw a Jimmie Vaughan show in Redondo Beach a while ago and half the audience was car nuts from some club.

EDIT: after this post, I clicked the "set of photos" link.... :facepalm:

Last edited:
I've been looking at some hot rod publications recently and I noticed Jeff Beck name-dropped a couple of times. I started to wonder if it was the Jeff Beck of guitar fame.

Apparently he's a fixture on the hot rod scene too. Going to swap meets, rod runs, and hobnobbing with builders and collectors. He does his own work too.

Jeff Beck quote about Americans: "You got the music right and you got the cars right."

See, even Jeff knows American cars are KING :wink:

Back