I demo a students Hughes and Kettner Deluxe 20 amp

Nice demo, nice amp. I need to investigate Hughes & Kettner amps again sometime.

An old friend has a Tube Meister 18 and just loves it. I got to play it when he was in town several months ago, and I was astonished at the quality of the cleans it produces. The drive channel was nice, but man, those cleans!

So not cheap. Out of interest how would that compare price and usability wise to something like your Suhr Badger 30?

An old friend has a Tube Meister 18 and just loves it. I got to play it when he was in town several months ago, and I was astonished at the quality of the cleans it produces. The drive channel was nice, but man, those cleans!

Yeah....I dig the cleans. the drive channel not so much.
So not cheap. Out of interest how would that compare price and usability wise to something like your Suhr Badger 30?

Well, my amp new as a combo would be $1999 at CME: http://www.chicagomusicexchange.com/products/suhr-badger-30-combo-black

I have more usable headroom and the tones are overall much better. It is single channel so I have to use pedals with it to also get a usable clean sound but I would probably do that with the H&K as well. I do like that the HK clean channel has a more Fender-y vibe to it.

I've been impressed with the Tubemiesters I've played thru. If they would've had the Tubemeister 36 out at the time I bought my EVHIII mini I probably would've bought the TM36 instead.

Back