I can't take you seriously if you don't agree that Toto's Africa absolutely smokes.

I was actually just playing/singing that song on my acoustic earlier this afternoon.

I was actually just playing/singing that song on my acoustic earlier this afternoon.
Me too. Because if I don't play it, I will never hear it again. Which is ok with me, because it's lyrics make no sense anyway.

Every time I hear that song, I cringe.

I do give them credit, though.......not one other band has ever managed to use "Kilimanjaro" in their songs.

Of course, it doesn't work in Toto's song either, but I give them an A for effort.

The wild dogs cry out in the night
As they grow restless longing for some solitary company
I know that I must do what's right
Sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serengeti
I seek to cure what's deep inside, frightened of this thing that I've become

~ worst song lyrics ever. I mean, that is fucking awful. Solitary company?....Sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serengeti? Truly terrible shit right there. WTF does "Solitary company" even mean?

You know what.....fuck that song in its meathead face.

I do give them credit, though.......not one other band has ever managed to use "Kilimanjaro" in their songs.

Of course, it doesn't work in Toto's song either, but I give them an A for effort.

~ worst song lyrics ever. I mean, that is fucking awful. Solitary company?....Sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serengeti? Truly terrible shit right there. WTF does "Solitary company" even mean?

I agree with every word you said, except the ones between the first and last

Well, only time will tell if we'll stand the test of time. :embarrassed:.

Back