I bought some crappy pedals

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
IMG_3030.JPG
I wanted to make twice the terrible sounds, so I bought some stereo pedals. The Nux Time Core and Mod Core. They actually sound decent and if my kid fucks em up, oh well. The panning tremolo sounds cool and the delay has a hold/loop function. Not bad for $40.

Interestingly, the pedal I paid the most for in the pic was the Polytune. :embarrassed:

I've been curious about that ModCore. Glad to hear it sounds good to you, since I trust your opinion on pedals.

I finally have a day off when nobody else is home. So I hauled my Musicmaster amp out into the living room and ran it in stereo with my Peavey Bandit. Played my Tele into the Skreddy Hybrid Fuzz Driver and these two pedals.

The disappointing part is the panning tremolo has a volume drop. I figured it would, but in the grand scheme of things, not a big deal. The rest of the Mod Core sounds are actually pretty good. Though I liked them in mono better than stereo. The vibrato with the momentary switch engaged is something special. The Time Core is a perfectly cromulent digital delay. The thing worth keeping it for is the 40 second Hold function. That's $1 per second!

So while neither my TZF or Echorec is in any danger of being replaced by these two, they were good buys.

Speaking of the TZF, while I had everything running in stereo, I tried something suggested on TGP. The TZF has stereo outs, so I ran out A to the Musicmaster and out B to my Catalinbread Valcoder running very slowly, and then to the Peavey. The slow speed on the tremolo added a nice depth to the TZF, and made it a bit more rotary-like. I then turned the mix down on both pedals and ran them in mono. I think I'm over the stereo thing now. Goodnight Roland JC GAS. Eat me, @OGG :tongue:

I've thought of making a stereo setup but never actually do it because it just seems like waaay too much work to do. Lol
Congrats on the pedals though!!

Back