I am thinking of packing it in.

DFB

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Not totally, but I am toying with the idea of sell off some gear.
I don't gig,suck at playing so ditch this stuff.

I think a decent acoustic would just serve me fine.
There is a Breedlove I have my eye on ,and a Seagull too

Ramble off.

Ramble off.

I'm having the same thoughts, and just traded my "best" electric for a custom Martin 000-15M. I'm starting to think it's time to downsize and get to the point where all my gear plus me will fit in my music room.

BTW -- I LOOOVE those Breedlove Oregon models (i.e. the ones with tops, backs and sides made of myrtlewood). I've not gone looking for one, because I'm afraid I would find it irresistable.

My plan as of now is to keep the Epi 339Pro and SCXD..
Buy an acoustic and focus on really learning to play.
I would ultimately want to do Skype lessons from our Fearless Leader.

Justin Guitar is what I use now because it is free,and not bad.
More information can only help. Mark's lessons will help bigtime.

I was not impressed by the Breedloves I tried, ranging from $500 - 1600, but that was my ear and tastes. Godin (maker of Seagull) makes nice guitars for a good price; I love my Seagull mandolin!

A decent acoustic, along with the Epi 339 and the SCXD, would make sense. I should pare mine down a little; I know what are keeprs, but I have no clue what I'd part with at this point. The Gibson and painted Epi are my main guitars, and the two remaining Lunas have sentimental value. The Lennon Epi could go, maybe, but the Summer of Love Strat and the Danelectro are keepers. So that makes one that I would part with. :rolleyes: o_O :facepalm:

I was not impressed by the Breedloves I tried, ranging from $500 - 1600, but that was my ear and tastes. Godin (maker of Seagull) makes nice guitars for a good price; I love my Seagull mandolin!

A decent acoustic, along with the Epi 339 and the SCXD, would make sense. I should pare mine down a little; I know what are keeprs, but I have no clue what I'd part with at this point. The Gibson and painted Epi are my main guitars, and the two remaining Lunas have sentimental value. The Lennon Epi could go, maybe, but the Summer of Love Strat and the Danelectro are keepers. So that makes one that I would part with. :rolleyes: o_O :facepalm:
An acoustic is so hard to decide on .It is so organic sounding.
It takes playing so many to find the right one. An electric you can eq, you can make a Strat sound good with eq.
:grin:

An acoustic is so hard to decide on .It is so organic sounding.
It takes playing so many to find the right one. An electric you can eq, you can make a Strat sound good with eq.
:grin:
Beside playing Lunas for a few years, I tried out Taylors, Martins, Guilds, and Breedloves before getting the Gibson. All good guitars, but the Gibson spoke to me.

Beside playing Lunas for a few years, I tried out Taylors, Martins, Guilds, and Breedloves before getting the Gibson. All good guitars, but the Gibson spoke to me.
That is the thing,you got to find that one.
There is a shop about 5 minutes away that sells nothing but acoustic instruments.
I might go in and check some out.
There wares will be out of my budget though.

Wait. I go out of town on business for a few days, and now the forum is a place where we encourage players to get rid of gear?

Is this Bizzaro Weindom?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Just make sure it's what you really want to do before you sell your stuff.
My stuff is not great gear.
I will get maybe $400.
The guns will bring much more.

I just got the idea that I will never be the rock star my 15 year old self wanted to be.

Mr. Blanchard's songs,and the audition video DenverDave did just got me thinking .Time to just play.

Last edited:
This is the only packing it in I will support
Oskar+Blues+Dales+Pale+Ale+back+small.jpg

Downsizing though, nothing wrong with that.

My stuff is not great gear.
I will get maybe $400.
The guns will bring much more.

I just got the idea that I will never be the rock star my 15 year old self wanted to be.

Mr. Blanchard's songs,and the audition video DenverDave did just got me thinking .Time to just play.
Last night after I read your thread and submitted my post I got to thinking.
I think what I might do before I sold anything is talk to Mark about lessons and wait a few months before I sold anything. You might start getting into some lesson material and suddenly realize you have a need for some of the gear you have. If after a few months you still find that you want to downsize and sell some stuff then go for it. Just my .02.

Reactions: DFB
There's no reason for me to own the gear that I do, save one. Right now, it makes me happy. Barn Stormers can tell you that I can't play worth a shit, but I work hard and enjoy my toys. A day will come when I downsize significantly. But it's not today.

I've been playing for close to 40 years and have bought and sold more guitars and amps than I care to account for...

I often look at the row of guitars I have and feel the same way...

I have 12 stringed instruments total...1 bass, 1 mandolin, 2 acoustics, and 8 electrics...the mandolin, 1 acoustic, and one electric are for sale at this time which would leave me with a total of 9...still WAY more than I could ever need...4 of my electrics are parts guitars I put together to a very specific-to-me set of specifications which have virtually no resale value whatsoever...

Should I downsize? Yeah, probably...but I'm not going to...each guitar does something different, and each guitar rewards me in it's own way...if I had guitars that duplicate each other THEN I would feel more compelled to unload them...

I did go through this with amps once I found two that give me everything I could possibly need from them...

...but let us not bring pedals into the conversation...:embarrassed:

Ramble off.
If you want to take lessons (and even if you don't) I would suggest you keep one electric and a small amp too. But that is just me. An electric would not be required for skype lessons, I don't think. I just think having one electric allows one to practice things with lower string tension and also it is just a different feel.

If you want to take lessons (and even if you don't) I would suggest you keep one electric and a small amp too. But that is just me. An electric would not be required for skype lessons, I don't think. I just think having one electric allows one to practice things with lower string tension and also it is just a different feel.
I will keep the Epi 339Pro and SCXD

That covers a lot of ground for me.

Back