I am now convinced,

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by John Watt, Mar 11, 2011.

Mar 11, 2011
  1. John Watt Banned

that the heart of our world is breaking.

Everything we've done, all the wise words we ignore, even from Heavens around us,
    so look what's happening around the surface of our earth.
    People are rising up, the earth and waters are rising up, even whales beach themselves.
    All as prophesied.
    And Kirk and Spock can't help us.

2. Mar 11, 2011
  3. 12Pack n00b

It's the Mayan calendar. Don't worry.

4. Mar 11, 2011
  5. trill Junior Mint

Stop buying such crappy weed and you'll feel a lot better about things.

6. Mar 11, 2011
  7. Phil513 n00b

Bad stuff has always happened. I think for the most part it feels worse because with internet and such we can bombard the world with images and stories almost the minute it all is happening.

8. Mar 11, 2011
  9. Help!I'maRock! Chud Staff

10. Mar 11, 2011
  11. John Watt Banned

The Mayan Calendar.
    If I hadn't started hanging out with those Aztec Flute players in Port Dalhousie,
    none of that would make sense for me. Now I know.
    The Quetzacoatl predicted his disappearance, and when he returns, watch out!

Noah first released a black bird, when he thought the storms were subsiding. It never came back.
    Every tribe in North America, from the Inuit of Northern Canada, to the tip of South America,
    believe a black bird brought down the sun as a creation myth, or calmed the waters and land as a restoration myth.
    The Bible later describes this disappeared black bird as being independent, and as we know,
    the natives of our continent lived within nature, keeping the land and water healthy, until the white man.

Even Geronimo and Canadian plains natives predicted our great, future fail, within the same time frame.

12. Mar 11, 2011
  13. trill Junior Mint

LOL, end times predictions. Old people like to project their own fragility and mortality onto the community they inhabit. Events that seem catastrophic to us are nothing more than bedtime poots to the universe at large. Get some perspective!

14. Mar 11, 2011
  15. Fixed.

16. Mar 11, 2011
  17. Fumbles Ufo magnet.

Most "old people" tend to accept mortality & are usually grateful for the lives they have- it's those of us w/a lack of hindsight that causes most young people to deny/repress thoughts about mortality, only to unconciously project the same images onto society- look at all the hokey skull t-shirts, cd covers, & obsessions with decay & death in the sense that such human concepts as "evil" & death seem "cool", & are granted a kind of hollow, nonreal power (youth being obsessed with "coolness" & fitting in w/peers itself being a denial of mortality & a lack of perspective- how can a grain of humanity in an unfathomably vast universe, itself a small part of something larger, in any way, be "cool", or fit in in any meaningful way? I would say that 95% of everyone projects (stupidly) illusions of immortality.

Of course you can deny & repress this, but this in itself is just a repression of mortality in sense of limitating the human mind to shut out the incomprehensable truth- we don't, CAN NOT understand everything- we can only place fences around our own thought constructs (eg-language-"labels"-not the thing itself).

On the other hand, people who are beyond middle age tend to accept their mortality-especially the elderly.If you actually talk to them you'd find that most are extremely aware of their mortality.I'm 35, but I've ALWAYS been aware of frajility of the "self"- Mental illness & various back pain issues tore away any illusions, any such denials of human frajility

You're absolutely right about how attempting to understand the vast scale of the universe puts things into proper perspective though. I wish EVERYONE-especially the young- would think about their truthfully miniscule existance & toss out such petty illusions.Everyone would wake up- everyone, not just "old people" project-the trick is to catch yourself doing it- & try to realize how it slants ideas about the self, & how one lives their life.

At least JW realizes some aspect of the truth-we're fucking everything up-all because we fail to understand ourselves.

18. Mar 11, 2011
  19. B Valley Rattlesnake Shaker

Don't stop paying your credit card bills yet, this stuff has been going on forever. In two weeks some there will be an upskirt photo of some young starlet on the internet, and you will forget all about this. I know I will.

20. Mar 11, 2011
  21. Peeker jerkass

YEAH!

22. Mar 11, 2011
  23. B Valley Rattlesnake Shaker

Here you go. Now get back to work.

[​IMG]

24. Mar 11, 2011
  25. Kerouac weird musical dildo

+

[​IMG]

26. Mar 11, 2011
  27. trill Junior Mint

Ok bro :aok:

By "old people" I didn't necessarily mean the elderly and middle-aged, more like people whose brains have ossified. This can happen pretty early in life, as I'm sure you're aware. In any case, I meant no offense to you or Mr. Watt.

28. Mar 12, 2011
  29. paulskirocks Blue Zone Compliant

Well, I have often felt like the planet is a living organism, and humans are like irritating gnats to it... I think we give ourselves way too much credit if we think we are responsible for the path of the universe, or if we even think we have a clue...

That said, we are definitely doing an epic job of fucking up...

30. Mar 12, 2011
  31. B Valley Rattlesnake Shaker

Just look at how much we've fucked it up in just the last couple hundred years and especially the last fifty.

32. Mar 12, 2011
  33. John Watt Banned

There were only a couple of posts here when I last signed off,
    and now I'm getting into what's been happening.

I don't feel any apologies are necessary, for attitude or age.

Fumbles! As a new member, you're not fumbling, stumbling or mumbling around. Right on!
    I took a tumble over your humble rumble.

We all, this generation especially, now have a global mind.
    Will it take the prophesied global government to properly account for all of mankind?
    I'm not sure.