I am considering the inconsiderable.

11053877_10153247492312425_4880406310683907729_n.jpg

:embarrassed:

I saw this pic on facebook, and thought, nah, must be some other guitar.

Sweet Jeebus!

What's the body wood on that beast?

Seriously. We just have to dial the neck in a bit more next week and it will be the best strat ever as far as I'm concerned :)

The body is alder, with a very thin nitro finish from the factory. A tech once told me that this particular Tokai was like getting a '58 strat in a time machine.

I need one that says "Springy Sound" since that was this guitars original model. :)

"One choice"

He offers...'50s and '70's Breezysound, Silver Star (I bet he has the '70's version of this as well), Goldstar, and ...Springy Sound. Have no clue on quality...the logo seems a bit choppy but don't have a real one to inspect.
$%28KGrHqR,%21nwFG0vhcdDsBR%29b2iVei%21%7E%7E60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqV,!qMFGmj(d0jwBR)b2v5KMw~~60_57.JPG

"One choice"

He offers...'50s and '70's Breezysound, Silver Star (I bet he has the '70's version of this as well), Goldstar, and ...Springy Sound. Have no clue on quality...the logo seems a bit choppy but don't have a real one to inspect.
$%28KGrHqR,%21nwFG0vhcdDsBR%29b2iVei%21%7E%7E60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqV,!qMFGmj(d0jwBR)b2v5KMw~~60_57.JPG
I might have to get one of those. Its not too much money to take a chance with :)

Does it sound better than it did with the stock neck? I've never swapped a neck, so I'm quite interested on how the recipe change affects the guitar as a whole...besides the more comfortable playing interface.

Actually it does. Better definition to the notes...I think more midrange.

I knew I was going to get shit for my shoes or something like that :embarrassed:

Oh yeah, you're wearing grandpa shoes. My mother's father wore those around the house, hence my perception of them. I keep asking the wife if I can get a pair and she keeps saying no. If and when I become a grandfather I'm getting several pair...she legally won't be able to stop me then. :thu:

Oh, and the guitar does sound killer. I still think the neck pup is a far superior single pup to the bridge pup. It definitely seemed louder AND more defined in the clip.

I'm glad it worked out.

Oh yeah, you're wearing grandpa shoes. My mother's father wore those around the house, hence my perception of them. I keep asking the wife if I can get a pair and she keeps saying no. If and when I become a grandfather I'm getting several pair...she legally won't be able to stop me then. :thu:
Actually, I am wearing Vans slip ons, which were primary type of shoe for skaters around here in the 80's. If anything I am wearing shoes that I am too old for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back