I am considering the inconsiderable.

It's a bolt on neck; swap it freely and feel no remorse.
You're one of those guys who would go and put a small block 350 Chevy motor into an old Datsun 240Z.

We had a name for those guys in the Z community that I used to a big part of.

It wasn't flattering.

:tongue:

Some things just deserve to be unmolested.

You're one of those guys who would go and put a small block 350 Chevy motor into an old Datsun 240Z.

It wasn't flattering.

If I was going to do anything to a 240Z it would involve a Ford Coyote motor. :tongue:

It wasn't flattering.

You do have a bit of a point.

IME, once you start swapping a neck around, you never really can find that "sweet-spot" as it originally was set up.

I know it sounds weird, and I sure am no expert, but it never works out like you plan.....it's never the same.

You do have a bit of a point.

IME, once you start swapping a neck around, you never really can find that "sweet-spot" as it originally was set up.

I know it sounds weird, and I sure am no expert, but it never works out like you plan.....it's never the same.
I'm going to guess that the neck's already come off if it's been refretted.

I'd pull the neck off in a heartbeat. Make the guitar work for you, it's a tool. If a tool doesn't work you get rid of it or fix it.

It wasn't flattering.

Man, I wish I had a Z. I know a guy who does, used to work with him... he retired, haven't seen him since.

Anyway, it's a guitar, swap the neck and see if you like it. Contrary to popular belief, I don't think the neck and body molecular alignment will really suffer.

Paul Jollineau is gong to be here at 4:30 today for our first setup night. I might have him put the warmoth neck on the Tokai jusst to see what its about. It can always go back.
I won't get out work till 7, but I am heading over to get the purple jazzmaster set up. I also want to pick Paul's brain about the guitar craft program at MI

11053877_10153247492312425_4880406310683907729_n.jpg

:embarrassed:

Back